Husqvarna 435e vs 435e II

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David V.

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Looking to buy a 435e II but I found the old model 435e cheaper on Amazon.

Both are new , so I am wondering if any of y'all know what is the difference between the old 435e and the new 435e II saws?

I don't have a Husqvarna dealer in my area , everyone here sells Stihl and Echo.

Thank you.

Is there a reason why you are wanting this model in particular? The Echo CS400 is a much better saw in my opinion.

Did some research yesterday and today and I like the Husky. There was another comparison I found here where they compared the 435, and two echo saws (370 & 400) and the Husky won.

I will see if I can find the thread.

What I found on the 2nd version.
Second generation lightweight and efficient all-round saw, ideal for those looking for a chainsaw that is exceptionally easy to start and manoeuvre. Starts easily also with a slower pull, comes with slimmer saw body and flip-up tank caps. Featuring X-Torq® engine for lower fuel consumption and reduced emission levels. Equipped with Smart Start®, fuel pump and Auto return stop switch for easier starting. Easier handling with tool-less chain tensioner.

Same specs for both saws
Found the owners manual for the older model and did a side by side comparison
According to the print they are identical.
The 435e II has the newer flip top oil and fuel caps like Stihl.

I don't know what the difference is but I can tell you they are good little saws. I've had one for 7-8 years and haven't had any major problems. If you ever go to sell it in the future they are hard to get rid of and don't bring much, I've had one on Craigslist for over a month.

I don't know what the difference is but I can tell you they are good little saws. I've had one for 7-8 years and haven't had any major problems. If you ever go to sell it in the future they are hard to get rid of and don't bring much, I've had one on Craigslist for over a month.

Yup, been researching saws in this price class and gonna go with the Husky.
Handled the Echo 400 and wasn't thrilled.
Stihl has too many problems in the under $400 "homeowner" saws.
This is a little more than I want to spend but for what I am using it for it'll do
Should last the rest of my lifetime since it will be sitting for the most part and only used a 10-12 times a year.

That 435 certainly is a lightweight 40cc saw.
Only 9.2 pounds!

But the 435e is 9.7? Is that all in the tool-less chain tensioner?

Both advertise a meager 2.2 horsepower.

Back