Husqvarna 440 e-series with problems!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oleo-Mac 999

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Good evening everyone.
I'm here with a problem with my chainsaw husqvarna 440 e-series!
Start well and works perfectly, but after 10 minutes stop! seems out of gas after it difficult to start again, but after a start is always to want to stop, but accelerated in depth does not stop !!!
Someone can give me a hand?
Will out of tune carburetor?

I'm not a pro by any means but did have a 440 (non-"e" version") and if I didn't choke the saw well enough it would run moody like that. Literally if I didn't start it to the exact specs husky detailed in the manual it would run weird with occasional shut downs, other times it would not. Pop the red start lever up, pump the primer 6-8 times, pull it until the engine fires (1--3 times) push the red lever down to run, yank the cord again and off you go.
Again, I'm not a pro....just a previous owner of a 440 and it was a great saw but was particular about how it likes to be started. After I got about 6-8 tanks of fuel through it all that seemed to quit. Not sure if it was broken in or just me gaining experience with my equipment. Which is valuable info that you only get by running your gear as much as you can.

Thank you very much for your attention
The experience I'm having with it, I believe that these environmental protection theories and shape of the intake of this engine, tucked in the trash was still little!
I prefer a pollutant but functional motor, than modern stuff that are of no use.
Last week I've been working with Mc Culloch PM 347, is old, it must have many hours of work and works perfectly and the engine starts right at 2nd try. This is new and do not feel like working !!!!!
The luck of this chainsaw is I do not need much of it, because otherwise his luck was another.

Back