Husqvarna 455 T-screw help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cvillej

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I bought a used Husqvarna 455 Rancher X-torq. Attaching pic of serial number if that helps.

Anyone with this saw willing to share a starting point for carb turning? How many turns out are your H, L, T screws?

The previous owner had obviously messed with the carb settings. Also removed the limiters. The saw wouldn't run.

I set all three screws to a "default" (H,L,T) of 1 1/2 turns out. The "T" screw was unscrewed a LOT! Like 6 turns. The saw starts now but I can't get it dialed.

I am going to rebuild carb, replace gas lines, check for cracks in manifold... A sanity check of what someone else's settings are would be nice.

Thanks! New to the site but love it. I have been tinkering with small engines for a long time. I have learned a lot here.

-Jon

Attachments

• hus-serial.jpeg
    hus-serial.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 4
Welcome to AS.

The T adjusts the idle, so there really isn't a default. Adjust it in as much as needed to keep the saw running while you adjust the Low. Adjusting the Low will change the rpm's. Then adjust the idle again so it runs but the chain doesn't spin.

Ok. Thanks. I'm going to give it a try. Will let you know. Would you recommend using a tachometer?

Manual says 2,700 RPM idle and max power 9,000 RPM.

I have been reading up on muffler mods. Would this saw benefit from one?

Latest posts

Back