Husqvarna 480CD info needed please.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HuskyShepherd2016

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Does anyone know if a Husqvarna 2100CD engine is able to swap out and fit on a Husqvarna 480CD chainsaw?

I’ve got a 480 that the engine is just fine on, no problems there. Was more of a question of if I ever ran into an engine problem down the road and I might need to improvise if I couldn’t find a 480 replacement engine.

Getting pretty hard to find decent 298/2100/2101 parts too, the newest ones are 30 years old haha
Your sarcasm is noted. But it doesn’t mean that it ain’t true! Lol! I’m having a heck of a time finding parts for my 245a. Or parts that are in good enough shape to be worthwhile that is! 😂

I'm sure someone around here has some poulan parts kicking around, try posting in the trading post.
Poulan parts for a husky 480cd? I know that Husqvarna now owns Poulan but I don’t think any of the parts from Poulan and Husky were compatible back then. Husqvarna did not acquire Poulan until long after the 480cd was already obsoleted if I’m not mistaken.

Poulan parts for a husky 480cd? I know that Husqvarna now owns Poulan but I don’t think any of the parts from Poulan and Husky were compatible back then. Husqvarna did not acquire Poulan until long after the 480cd was already obsoleted if I’m not mistaken.
Oh nevermind that I was still thinking about my 480cd and not my 245a’s . My bad! Lol!

Nevermind I see what you were saying! My mind was still stuck on my 480cd and not my 245a’s.

Back