Husqvarna 540xp or Stihl 201T?

ArnoldsTree&Stump

ArnoldsTree&Stump

I have had my own business for almost a year. I started climbing with a Echo 271 and later upgraded to the Stihl 194t. I loved the saw and honestly was very pleased with it......well then I stumbled across the Husqvarna 540xp. My climber that subs through me bought one and man let me tell you, that thing is a beast. I am a stihl fan through and through but I have never used a 201t. How will it compare to the 540xp?

Tigwelder83

Tigwelder83

ArboristSite Operative
I have had my own business for almost a year. I started climbing with a Echo 271 and later upgraded to the Stihl 194t. I loved the saw and honestly was very pleased with it......well then I stumbled across the Husqvarna 540xp. My climber that subs through me bought one and man let me tell you, that thing is a beast. I am a stihl fan through and through but I have never used a 201t. How will it compare to the 540xp?
Have you tried the 540 battery? The climber i use has a 200t and prefers the 540i

Tigwelder83

Tigwelder83

ArboristSite Operative
I have not tried it yet but honestly I haven't seen any negatives with it. I have been told by a couple guys that it will output about any gas top handle.......thats hard for me to grasp but who knows.
Try one, it's awesome never having to pull a starter cord, and being able to yell at groundies

tree MDS

tree MDS

Daddy
That battery jobber is pretty cool looking. I swore I’d never get talked into a husky top handled anything again, but these do catch my interest.

Be pretty cool doing a battery operated takedown with the lift in electric mode and one of these. Lol.

jefflovstrom

jefflovstrom

It was a beautiful day!
That battery jobber is pretty cool looking. I swore I’d never get talked into a husky top handled anything again, but these do catch my interest.

Be pretty cool doing a battery operated takedown with the lift in electric mode and one of these. Lol.
Trust me, if you don't like it, then I don't know anything,,
Jeff

tree MDS

tree MDS

Daddy
What about with our winters, Jeff? I mean I’m assuming it would be the kind of thing you’d have to take in at night and charge, so that’s kind of a pita, but not that big a deal. I guess I’m wondering if they lose anything on an all day 20 degree day?

jefflovstrom

jefflovstrom

It was a beautiful day!
What about with our winters, Jeff? I mean I’m assuming it would be the kind of thing you’d have to take in at night and charge, so that’s kind of a pita, but not that big a deal. I guess I’m wondering if they lose anything on an all day 20 degree day?
Lithium, they lose no charge. Only takes 15 or so minutes to full charge. I would not lie, I was raised on the 020 and all the O's,,, you will love it! Just get 2 batteries if you are doing a take down,
Jeff

tree MDS

tree MDS

Daddy
Lithium, they lose no charge. Only takes 15 or so minutes to full charge. I would not lie, I was raised on the 020 and all the O's,,, you will love it! Just get 2 batteries if you are doing a take down,
Jeff

Roughly how much is the saw with two batteries? Ballpark.

r black

r black

STIHLAHUSQYLOVER
One battery,,,,,, still awesome.
Jeff
Damb bro. $1000 , you can get a couple gas saws, and take the fam out for lunch ..However i am sure it works well , and this is how it will be in the future i think they ( the) .... company's still have some work to do on all electric mostly the battery's) including vehicles..but options very .... ;)

tree MDS

tree MDS

Daddy
I’m gonna get one!!

I want the nice extendable pole saw too. These things are remarkably handy. I use the short Stihl combi saw now, and even that’s a life saver on the rare occasion!!

Tigwelder83

Tigwelder83

ArboristSite Operative
Jeff
I have 3 for mine, 2 are usually enough. Have a 200 electric stihl & and a h65 battery pole saw, amazing products

Latest posts