Husqvarna 545 mark ii autotune issues

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok I'll look around. Here Is an attached photo my my coil. But if I went and replaced the coil, do the dealer need to sync it to the autotune ? Or can I just plug and play.
I’m not 100% certain on that. But I believe if the coil is the same generation and not a superseded #, it’s plug and play

Yea I figured that. I gave up on the saw.. next one I buys wont be a autotune. ( Might not even be a husqvarna) I think husky is lacking quality control over the last few years. Talked to many folks and they said the quality is no longer there anymore. Telling me more personal horror stories and personal experiences with their new huskys. Only to end up to toss them in the corner and buy a Stihl.

I have a 550xp. Love the saw, hate the autotune. It does not like cutting in hot weather. It bogs and spits and sputter when hitting the trigger to accelerate. It seems to do this when cutting alot when's it's warmer out. Especially hot humid days. My father in law has had the same problem with the autotunes and mtronic saws. If I could put a regular carburetor on my 550xp, I would be much happier with it.

Yea I figured that. I gave up on the saw.. next one I buys wont be a autotune. ( Might not even be a husqvarna) I think husky is lacking quality control over the last few years. Talked to many folks and they said the quality is no longer there anymore. Telling me more personal horror stories and personal experiences with their new huskys. Only to end up to toss them in the corner and buy a Stihl.
I’ve had 2 545 mk2 over the last couple of years - never had issues like this, but after selling the first one after using it for firewood cutting and small jobs, the guy I sold it to told me it was having issues idling/dying once the throttle was released. I like the autotune, but this is the only electronic carb saw in my lineup for exactly that reason. Most of the time there doesn’t seem to be an issue, but when there is, it’s more expensive to remedy, and you need dealer support to diagnose. Not sure that one brand is better than another nowadays, but I’ll probably stick with husky due to the ability to get oem parts easier and cheaper than the other brands.

Assuming you bought it at your local shop, take it back there, remind them it’s under warranty and insist they fix it. Tell them exactly how to replicate the issue, take video, take a few logs to their shop and demonstrate, whatever. If the issue is as you described it should be fixed under warranty. If they send you away no trouble found, take it home, replicate the problem and show back up tomorrow with another video. Do that a few times and they are going to have to take you seriously.

IMO, the more you mess with it, the more grounds they have to deny a warranty claim and the less likely you will ever get it fixed.

At the same time, you insist it is a spark issue. Why? From my armchair it sounds more like a fuel vent, fuel line, or fuel (vapour lock) issue. When it stops, pump the bulb a few times. Does it stay full or empty immediately? I don’t see where you mentioned fuel. What are you using, when was it bought?

Its a heat soak vapor lock issue the 545 and 555. Saw starts and runs beautifully when cold. But if I set it down and turn it off when hot it's very difficult to restart until it cools.

It's a classic vapor lock problem. Someone on YouTube showed how putting a little heat shield between the engine cylinders and the gas and the carburetor solve the problem. Which I'm going to try, I'll open up an aluminum can flatten it out fold it into and then trim it to fit in the spot.

I can largely do everything I want with my 545, though I'm tempted to let my son take that one and I'll get a 555 as I like the weight and size.

I wouldn't be opposed to a 562 but I think they are heavier. I don't want to go any heavier than my 545 for my usage.

Its a heat soak vapor lock issue the 545 and 555. Saw starts and runs beautifully when cold. But if I set it down and turn it off when hot it's very difficult to restart until it cools.

It's a classic vapor lock problem. Someone on YouTube showed how putting a little heat shield between the engine cylinders and the gas and the carburetor solve the problem. Which I'm going to try, I'll open up an aluminum can flatten it out fold it into and then trim it to fit in the spot.

I can largely do everything I want with my 545, though I'm tempted to let my son take that one and I'll get a 555 as I like the weight and size.

I wouldn't be opposed to a 562 but I think they are heavier. I don't want to go any heavier than my 545 for my usage.
545 and 550 are the same size. 555 and 562 are the same size, but the 555 takes a small mount bar.

Some foil tape to the cylinder side of the carb bulkhead might help your hot-start issues. Maybe some on top of the gas tank also

im sure it would need to be sync with the husqvarna common service tool. if it were as simple as just changing a coil there wouldnt be threads all over the internet about it. husqvarna need to let people work on their saws not follow the likes of john deer so you have to rely on a dealer to do the work. life experiences tell us not all dealers are good and some that are good just have not caught up with technology and cant or dont understand the auto tune computer side of it.

I read somewhere you cant just add another coil, it has to be programmed or something (matched to the at carb) please dont take my word for it because it was a bigger saw but the same series. Hope you can get it sorted, some dealers are not as good as others and from personal experience one local dealer told me they cant tell how many hours a saw has run. I know that was wrong so wouldnt advice anyone to go there.

Yeah my dads 026 did it backnin the day he pedaled it bought a plastic 2050 turbo and never looked back. Nazi trash saws.

Latest posts

Back