Husqvarna 545 runs funky

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackrabbit

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
So I ended up with a 545 that was thrown in on a deal. The previous owner said it never ran right from the day it was new and his dealer wasn't much help. It was from a tree service business and judging by how dirty it was, it had been ran quite a bit, which is a surprise as it would have been rather aggravating with the way it runs. It will start right up and idle fine, but if you mash on the gas it will die. If you slowly give it throttle, it will rev up and seems to cut ok. According to various youtube videos, I let it idle for over three minutes and then did the 90 second cut at full throttle. It seemed to help, but still isn't right. I've cleaned it all up, changed the air filter, spark plug, and fuel filter. Any ideas? Thanks, Cody

I hope it works for you. I researched it right after I got mine. I was going to try it on mine to see if it helped with the bog. I have never gotten around to doing it. It's a great little saw except for the couple quirks it has.

We had a nice snow storm here today and after I got all the cows fed I had a little time in the shop to mess with the 545. The carb looked like a lot of work to get it out, so I just took the air cleaner mount loose from the carb and pried it forward to see if my carb looked like the one in the video. It did! The little brass cover was more of a bugger to get off than it was in the video, but after a bit of messing I got it. I used a bit out of my gunsmithing screwdriver set and turned the screw out 1/4 turn, put it back together, and wowzers! It fixed it right up! Crazy that was all it took. Thank you guys for the info, I really appreciate it!

Back