• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Husqvarna 550xp Parts Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HumBurner

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Up for sale is a former runner 550xp, a carcass/parts saw 550, and some NOS parts.

A detailed write up of the former runner can be found here:

How bad is this piston? 550xp Project

The carcass has no serial tag. Not sure if it was a block from the factory or if the tag is just lost. Has a 2012 coil and a China carb (AT7 446; couldn't find an EL #.). No idea on its status, just sold to me as a partially stripped parts saw. Suspect bad bearings but not confirmed.

The unit I have gotten running but is currently down: 2013 0600488.
066 (or 966) 64 82-00

2013 Saw has had purchased new: bar stud, base gasket, air filter, 3/8 sprocket, muffler gasket, new primer bulb, new throttle cable. I have sealed, NOS, tank vent hose (525-34 43-03), and base gasket.

Most parts there are two of, with some exceptions. The second flywheel recoil cover is missing the pulley and bolts. There is only the one piston and one clutch cover (some damage but not bad on the cover.) Second muffler and components, likely without gasket. Most bolts and other parts are there, but some may have been scavenged for the runner.

Two older air filters included, at least the winter filter is usable, the other might could be gas bathed clean. Two top covers, two handles. As well as the tank handle I could not successfully patch. I think one or both of the original sprockets are in the jumble, too. Spark plugs.

Current clutch has two shoe-springs. Additional clutch drum included, but the three-piece clutch was toast. Extra used needle bearing.

It's hard to give an accurate value having time and energy vested. In new/NOS parts there's $100 plus. I paid $100 for the carcass but without the second piston that loses some value. Shipping for the two units will be $70 minimum, likely more.

I’d like to get $475 shipped but am open to reasonable offers. Not really looking for trades but you never know.

Photos here and in other thread.EBA4344C-438A-4145-943B-07F8564D9464.jpeg9760E960-40D7-4927-8A16-BF41ABEEE553.jpeg

Right on.

Minimal interest as of yet. Good chance they'll be here. We could work something out for the Pro Mac fuel tubing and grommets, etc, as well as some 266 stuff. Take that dollar amount down some.

Did those storms hit y'all last week? We got super lucky here that everything stayed across the river (~6 air miles) in Trinity Co. Had 12-16 visible cloud to grounds east of us. Got a break from smoke for a few days but yesterday was bad again.

Cheers!

Right on.

Minimal interest as of yet. Good chance they'll be here. We could work something out for the Pro Mac fuel tubing and grommets, etc, as well as some 266 stuff. Take that dollar amount down some.

Did those storms hit y'all last week? We got super lucky here that everything stayed across the river (~6 air miles) in Trinity Co. Had 12-16 visible cloud to grounds east of us. Got a break from smoke for a few days but yesterday was bad again.

Cheers!
Yep, we got some rain, a bit of lightning but no fires. Don't worry about the tubing and grommets, I'm just happy to have less stuff sitting on my bench. As for 266 parts, pm me what you're looking for and if I remember I'll ask my buddy about them.

Thanks for the interest, but I would reinvest the time and energy to get it running before selling that low. I have too many other things on my plate that now have my interest. Two weeks of snow could also change things.

Cheers!

Thanks for the interest, but I would reinvest the time and energy to get it running before selling that low. I have too many other things on my plate that now have my interest. Two weeks of snow could also change things.

Cheers!
Same here, but thought it would be an Interesting saw to tinker with.

Hi there i have a running husqvarna 266 saw i will trade my saw for your 550xp saws i pay shipping for my saw to you you pay shipping for your stuff to me even exchange let me if are interested thanks

Back