Husqvarna 555fx

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brazos

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have seen the need for a clearing saw to fill the gaps between my chainsaws, tractor, and weed eater. I wasn't sure what to get. I decided to go all in and got the Husky 555fx. This thing is awesome. It's big and heavy but comes with a great harness. It clips right into the harness and sits perfectly where the blade needs to be. It's very comfortable. It is amazing to use. It's a weed eater for trees! I just walk along and take out cedars and don't have to bend over. I wish I had bought one years ago.

You will still likely have a gap between that and the brush hog or flail mower and the tractor. Like a 17 hp v twin walk behind device with a heavy 30" blade.

I got an efco 53cc brushcutter a while ago and it is a nice tool. The shorter shaft described in the description is probably good as I have to raise the attachment point on the harness as far as it goes. I have moved away from the wood blade on that as a smaller Honda 35cc four cycle will put enough energy in the blade so the machine does not need be powerful for the wind it up and hit technique I use. A pole saw to cut things that can then be pulled out of the way and then next year or later come through with the big machine and a heavy 3 pointed blade to blast out to ground level is where I am for the most part now. I suspect for it's called out purpose of forestry clearing it is great, at least at some point in the regrowth of a logged piece of land.

That Harness is impressive. Looked at the ipl for that which apparently just got a revision as the file is dated Feb of this year. Stuffed crank strato design, spins the blade 10,500 rpm.

https://www.husqvarna.com/us/products/clearing-saws/555fx/966629102/
https://www.husqvarna.com/us/accessories/harnesses/balance-xt-harness/523048201/?q=966629102

I just got my 555FXT and I am in total agreement with Brazos! Somewhat hard to find here in the US and then nobody would come off of MSRP. I ended up ordering it from a store in Sweden, and with the current exchange rate it was $750 with about $250 in shipping. They shipped it right away and it got here in under a week, even included a bag of swedish fish. This one has the heated handles too. Not sure if I'm allowed to post the website but if anyone is looking just shoot me a message.

I never thought about ordering from Sweeden. You saved a few hundred. I still love mine. It's awesome. It plows thru vines, brush, saplings and small trees. So much quicker and easier than a chain saw. It's a real good fit between a weed eater and a chainsaw. A lot of times that is what I need.

update: I just found out the non-heated handles version is only $60 shipping from Sweden for some reason, don't know why I had to pay 250 shipping for mine! oh well...so if anyone wants the FX version looks to be around $700+60 shipping

Picked one up about 2 weeks ago nice clearing saw. Just need to figure out why it's so God damn hard to start cold. When it's warm it starts easy, but cold Christ takes me a good 3 minutes to get going g and that's with frigging with the throttle

I have 2 of these I picked up in the last couple years. They are great for their intended purpose. The harness is by far the best I have ever tried.
Picked one up about 2 weeks ago nice clearing saw. Just need to figure out why it's so God damn hard to start cold. When it's warm it starts easy, but cold Christ takes me a good 3 minutes to get going g and that's with frigging with the throttle
Are you following the starting procedure outlined in the owners manual? I have never had any problem with either one of mine. I always get it started between 1 and 5 pulls depending if warm or cold.

I have 2 of these I picked up in the last couple years. They are great for their intended purpose. The harness is by far the best I have ever tried.

Are you following the starting procedure outlined in the owners manual? I have never had any problem with either one of mine. I always get it started between 1 and 5 pulls depending if warm or cold.
I ended up taking it in, was way out of tune from the factory. Dealer re-tuned it and set it up now it starts like a dream

I just got my 555FXT and I am in total agreement with Brazos! Somewhat hard to find here in the US and then nobody would come off of MSRP. I ended up ordering it from a store in Sweden, and with the current exchange rate it was $750 with about $250 in shipping. They shipped it right away and it got here in under a week, even included a bag of swedish fish. This one has the heated handles too. Not sure if I'm allowed to post the website but if anyone is looking just shoot me a message.
Thanks @combustor !

I ordered this late last Friday night. It arrived today (Wednesday) 5 days later!

$777 and some change total shipped!

https://www.entreprenadbutiken.com/husqvarna-bruchcutters/husqvarna-555fx

I gotta admit I was maybe just a little skeptical - taking a recommendation from a guy who has posted on the forum 4 times to go to a site and give my credit card # to somebody in Europe (there were 2 extra verification steps that my bank put in the way to make sure that was a legit transaction).

https://honeybros.com/Item/Husqvarna_555RXT_Brushcutter
This link will get to a source for the model with the longer tube, designed for grass etc.
it is on sale right now, 610 euros, plus 50 euros shipment. Appx $ 840. (depending on your
exchange rate). Both firms are good at what they sell.
I purchased the 555RXT ( contact Nicole Hamer) and it arrived by UPS 4 days after they received the funds.
For those who anticipate buying from either firm, don't use a bank. Among other options examine "Transferwise" and shop around check out Visa etc. 1 Oct 2019.

Would someone please send or post pics of their 555fx carburator with cables and linkage in place. Something is wrong with mine and I'm pretty sure the online diagram is wrong at least with the linkage. Thanks anyone willing to open up under their air cleaner!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Would someone please send or post pics of their 555fx carburator with cables and linkage in place. Something is wrong with mine and I'm pretty sure the online diagram is wrong at least with the linkage. Thanks anyone willing to open up under their air cleaner!

Hopefully some of these will help!
20200328_205857.jpg
20200328_205901.jpg
20200328_205909.jpg
20200328_205915.jpg
20200328_205924.jpg
20200328_205931.jpg
20200328_205942.jpg
20200328_210000.jpg

[/Q

A few questions. Please explain difference between fxt and rxt. Also, does this ship (from the place in Sweden) with linkage and/or carburetor assembly required on the buyer end?

Not sure about difference without looking.

Mine shipped ready to run. Had to put handle assembly and cutting head on, but best I can recall that was it.

update: I just found out the non-heated handles version is only $60 shipping from Sweden for some reason, don't know why I had to pay 250 shipping for mine! oh well...so if anyone wants the FX version looks to be around $700+60 shipping
I think that shipping proce must hav ebeen a mistake. I just paid about 700 plus 250 shipping for my fx555 from that Swedish site. Supposed to ship today. https://www.entreprenadbutiken.com/husqvarna-bruchcutters/husqvarna-555fx

To all you Husqvarna FX555 veterans out there........Just got my FX555 from Sweden, and I have some assembly questions. my manual come in Swedish, and the online English version is only somewhat helpful. First question, when installing the blade guard, do you leave the plastic washers on when tightening it down? Second question, how do I know which way to put the blade on? Yeah, I know I can wait until it's fired up and I can't cut anything. Does the side that has the writing on the blade face the ground or face the sky? Also, I have a metal pin about 3-4 inches long that is left over. It came in the bag of stuff, and i can't figure out what it's for. Thanks

Back