Husqvarna 555fx

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The pin is for locking the grass cutting string device. You'll find a small hole in the spindle housing for inserting the pin.. That will allow you to tighten up the device.
I believe that the blade rotates counter clockwise as viewed from a standing position and believe that the print is facing you. ( Check that out).

The pin is for locking the grass cutting string device. You'll find a small hole in the spindle housing for inserting the pin.. That will allow you to tighten up the device.
I believe that the blade rotates counter clockwise as viewed from a standing position and believe that the print is facing you. ( Check that out).
Okay, thanks CNP!

not sure about the plastic washers???

Blade - holding the saw in use, the teeth point left (it is spinning counter clockwise). Obviously when you have it flipped to tighten the nut, it spins clockwise.

I think the pin you are talking about is to lock the spindle in place when you loosen or tighten the blade. You can use a 7/32" file to do that as well...which is the size required to sharpen the blade, so very convenient.

I recommend getting the set gauge from your local Husqvarna dealer. I tried just using pliers to set the teeth after using it and didn't do a good job - wore out the blade more than I needed to. Looks like it is part number Husqvarna 596 28 61-01. Here is a quick video that I found when looking for help sharpening that I saw and said "I need to find that tool".

Post morten on my maiden voyage with Husqvarna 555 FX. I did an awesome job of clearing some of my land. Really fun experience, but I really beat that Scarlet blade up that they send you from Husq with the 555. Since I bought mine from a business in Sweden, I emailed them about the blade issue, and the tech support guy told me to ditch that blade and get the hard metal blade in in the link below. He said I would need to take it to a professional sharpener who has a diamond sharpener, and not even waste my time trying to sharpen the hard metal myself. It makes sense given how hard the metal "allegedly" is. I bought two of the blades and actually received them today. Total cost with shipping in us dollars was 80 bucks for 2. I will let you guys know how the blade works out. https://www.entreprenadbutiken.se/rojsagar-2/tillbehor-rojsagar/strand-hardmetall-rojsagsklinga.html

not sure about the plastic washers???

Blade - holding the saw in use, the teeth point left (it is spinning counter clockwise). Obviously when you have it flipped to tighten the nut, it spins clockwise.

I think the pin you are talking about is to lock the spindle in place when you loosen or tighten the blade. You can use a 7/32" file to do that as well...which is the size required to sharpen the blade, so very convenient.

I recommend getting the set gauge from your local Husqvarna dealer. I tried just using pliers to set the teeth after using it and didn't do a good job - wore out the blade more than I needed to. Looks like it is part number Husqvarna 596 28 61-01. Here is a quick video that I found when looking for help sharpening that I saw and said "I need to find that tool".

The tech support guy at the Swedish business where I bought the 555 FX told me the plastic washers are there to simply keep the screws from falling out if/when you switch back and forth from a string trimmer head guard to a blade guard, when you're out in the field and can easily loose things. He said it's simply a fail safe measure, and that I should tighten the screw down keeping the plastic washers on the screws.

Post morten on my maiden voyage with Husqvarna 555 FX. I did an awesome job of clearing some of my land. Really fun experience, but I really beat that Scarlet blade up that they send you from Husq with the 555. Since I bought mine from a business in Sweden, I emailed them about the blade issue, and the tech support guy told me to ditch that blade and get the hard metal blade in in the link below. He said I would need to take it to a professional sharpener who has a diamond sharpener, and not even waste my time trying to sharpen the hard metal myself. It makes sense given how hard the metal "allegedly" is. I bought two of the blades and actually received them today. Total cost with shipping in us dollars was 80 bucks for 2. I will let you guys know how the blade works out. https://www.entreprenadbutiken.se/rojsagar-2/tillbehor-rojsagar/strand-hardmetall-rojsagsklinga.html
The first couple of times I used the stock blade, I didn't sharpen it, got it in some dirt, tried to cut a few things that were too big which really heated it up. It was cutting dull, I didn't have the sharpening angles (and tooth set) down yet, so it continued to not work really well. I bought the sharpening and tooth setting tool, stuck with trees in the appropriate size range and kept it out of the dirt and got much better results.

Kinda wish I would have known about those blades before I bought two more Scarlet blades...but the ones I have do work really well if you take care of them and they are now pretty easy to sharpen.

The first couple of times I used the stock blade, I didn't sharpen it, got it in some dirt, tried to cut a few things that were too big which really heated it up. It was cutting dull, I didn't have the sharpening angles (and tooth set) down yet, so it continued to not work really well. I bought the sharpening and tooth setting tool, stuck with trees in the appropriate size range and kept it out of the dirt and got much better results.

Kinda wish I would have known about those blades before I bought two more Scarlet blades...but the ones I have do work really well if you take care of them and they are now pretty easy to sharpen.
I agree with everything you just said. Great precautionary measures. Know the limits of the scarlett blade. Hell, I ordered another scarlet blade before I found out about the hard metal blade, and I was kicking myself over that one.

update: I just found out the non-heated handles version is only $60 shipping from Sweden for some reason, don't know why I had to pay 250 shipping for mine! oh well...so if anyone wants the FX version looks to be around $700+60 shipping
Sadly I just got quoted the $250 for shipping. He said it was oversize and cost a lot. This puts me close to the price on line here in the US.

Sadly I just got quoted the $250 for shipping. He said it was oversize and cost a lot. This puts me close to the price on line here in the US.
What can you get it for in the US now? Don't forget that you don't pay the EU VAT so the price goes down a lot when you add to cart when you select the US as the shipping address. Looks like with current exchange the 555FX should be 780 + 250 so 1030 total from Sweden. MSRP in the US is 1350 so I guess it depends what kind of discount local dealers are offering.

What can you get it for in the US now? Don't forget that you don't pay the EU VAT so the price goes down a lot when you add to cart when you select the US as the shipping address. Looks like with current exchange the 555FX should be 780 + 250 so 1030 total from Sweden. MSRP in the US is 1350 so I guess it depends what kind of discount local dealers are offering.
About $1300 to$1350 with shipping. They gave me a price of $976 + $250 shipping.thats still $100 to $150 less than I can get it today state side. The honey bear site doesn't offer it. They have the 555rxt at a great price but not the FX. I want it bad but hate to pay that much for. I appreciated your initial post. A little excitement for sure.

About $1300 to$1350 with shipping. They gave me a price of $976 + $250 shipping.thats still $100 to $150 less than I can get it today state side. The honey bear site doesn't offer it. They have the 555rxt at a great price but not the FX. I want it bad but hate to pay that much for. I appreciated your initial post. A little excitement for sure.
I went back and did all of this again just to check the VAT but after going through it I end up with $257 shipping. This may well be the thing that evens them up. Thanks so much for your original post and your quick reply. I just need to realize that they have me where they want me. :)

I'm thinking about ordering a 555RXT from that Honey Brothers site. For those who have ordered from Sweden, were there any import duties or any additional fees above and beyond what the checkout site listed? I see they make you agree to the fact there may be other charges. If not, did you have to do anything special to avoid paying such fees? Also, when placing an order, did you place it online or did you call them and place it over the phone? I have a hard time understanding foreign dialect, even though they speak English.

I'm SOOOOO glad I found this thread. As I am 6'5" tall and almost ordered the 555FX to use as a brush cutter. I would have found out quickly it would have been too short to use how I wanted. Guessing the 555RXT may also be a bit short, but at least it is the correct model for how I want to use it.

Can anyone tell me where I can order 555fxt from sweden
I just got my 555FXT and I am in total agreement with Brazos! Somewhat hard to find here in the US and then nobody would come off of MSRP. I ended up ordering it from a store in Sweden, and with the current exchange rate it was $750 with about $250 in shipping. They shipped it right away and it got here in under a week, even included a bag of swedish fish. This one has the heated handles too. Not sure if I'm allowed to post the website but if anyone is looking just shoot me a message.

I just got my 555FXT and I am in total agreement with Brazos! Somewhat hard to find here in the US and then nobody would come off of MSRP. I ended up ordering it from a store in Sweden, and with the current exchange rate it was $750 with about $250 in shipping. They shipped it right away and it got here in under a week, even included a bag of swedish fish. This one has the heated handles too. Not sure if I'm allowed to post the website but if anyone is looking just shoot me a message.
I know this is an older thread. Can you sent me a link to the sweden dealer you ordered from?
I have seen the need for a clearing saw to fill the gaps between my chainsaws, tractor, and weed eater. I wasn't sure what to get. I decided to go all in and got the Husky 555fx. This thing is awesome. It's big and heavy but comes with a great harness. It clips right into the harness and sits perfectly where the blade needs to be. It's very comfortable. It is amazing to use. It's a weed eater for trees! I just walk along and take out cedars and don't have to bend over. I wish I had bought one years ago.

Back