Husqvarna 572 XPG vs Stihl MS462CM W vs Stihl MS500i W

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have no experience with the 572, but I own a 500i and run a later model 462R at work.

The 462 is an alright saw, IDK if it lives up to the hype that some people give it. The light weight is impressive and I do like the air filtration on it. That being said, I've been ruined by running ported 75cc+ saws, so the torque isn't that impressive to me. I also prefer my ported 400 to it, similar power and even less weight.

The 500i is a great saw IMO. Really strong runner, almost feels like a ported saw...especially strong for the weight. Air filtration sucks, some of the other Stihls and virtually all Huskies kill it in this regard. That being said, the rest of the saw is so brilliant, I can overlook the air filter to a certain extent.
There are some filtration improvements that, reportedly, make a huge difference for the 500I. My 462 is an early model with a MM & timing advance. It is not ported but runs as if it were!

I like the 572xp it has more power then a 372xp but it's a heavy pig. Have a family friend that logs and has really raved about the 572xp except the extra weight if it.

I ran my 572 for most of a tank on Sunday. It was mostly overkill for the job, but it needed some love.

Seemed to run the same or better than I last used it. I guess one thing I find it hard to adjust to on that saw is the limited powerband. It's all or nothing. All of its power is in full throttle.

I also really don't like the rev-boost feature (or whatever it's called) that kicks in 2-3 seconds after being on full throttle.

I also think the extra pounds themselves aren't so bad, but how the extra weight was distributed across the saw. 372s are so nimble for how heavy they are. 572 is almost as clunky as the ole 056.

I probably need to sink it in some more big wood before condemning it outright.

Latest posts

Back