Husqvarna 592XP: Real world feedback

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thomasinvancouver

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I haven’t read much about these on the forum. Who has one and what are your thoughts? My “big” saw is a 462. I’m looking at a 661 or a 592 as the next acquisition.

They are a great saw so far about four months now , no issues with 3.0 auto tune , great ergonomics, and performance is very good but they are new model saw time will tell with long term issues if any if you like the 572 it’s basically the big brother of that just better

I just got mine this week and put a couple tanks through it last night. I'm running a 32" Tsumara light bar with 3/8 square grind chain. So far, I'm thinking it is totally freaking awesome! Tons of power, I like how it handles, nice power curve, fires right up. To me, it really feels like a quality saw. I have a 372, a 395, a 660 and 572 that I frequently run. The 592 is lighter and has noticeably more power than the 395 or the 660. It seems to use considerably less fuel than either my 395 or 660. One thing I did like was the power curve is flatter than my 572. The 572 is a screamer and doesn't have much lugging power, but the 592 has power in the midrange and high range. It is definitely my favorite at the moment and fear it has made a bunch of saws obsolete.....lol

The only two things that are a little strange is the fuel primer bulb never gets any fuel in it? No matter how much you pump it, it just has air in it. The saw starts and runs fine, so I'm not going to worry about it, but it is strange. The primer bulbs on my other saws all have fuel in them. The other thing, which I am a little embarrassed about as I should have just left it alone, is the decomp valve. I hate decomp valves. They cause problems, I think the saws start harder, and if you are man enough to pack a 90cc saw around with a 3 ft bar, you don't need no decomp valve. Anyway, I usually just take them out and plug them as soon as I get a new saw. Well, this one was in there WAY tight. When I took a 3/8 ratchet to it and backed it out, part of the threads from the cylinder came with it. I don't know if they used some kind of sealer/glue at the factory, or it was over torqued at the factory or what, but there was barely enough thread left to hold the plug. The plug is in there for now, but I bet I'll have to heli-coil or JB weld it or something in the future. Dangit, that is irritating.

Anyway, all thumbs up on the 592XP. Go get yourself one! Kind of like Grain Belt Beer, how in the world do they make it so good and so cheap! lol
take care, Cody

I just got mine this week and put a couple tanks through it last night. I'm running a 32" Tsumara light bar with 3/8 square grind chain. So far, I'm thinking it is totally freaking awesome! Tons of power, I like how it handles, nice power curve, fires right up. To me, it really feels like a quality saw. I have a 372, a 395, a 660 and 572 that I frequently run. The 592 is lighter and has noticeably more power than the 395 or the 660. It seems to use considerably less fuel than either my 395 or 660. One thing I did like was the power curve is flatter than my 572. The 572 is a screamer and doesn't have much lugging power, but the 592 has power in the midrange and high range. It is definitely my favorite at the moment and fear it has made a bunch of saws obsolete.....lol

The only two things that are a little strange is the fuel primer bulb never gets any fuel in it? No matter how much you pump it, it just has air in it. The saw starts and runs fine, so I'm not going to worry about it, but it is strange. The primer bulbs on my other saws all have fuel in them. The other thing, which I am a little embarrassed about as I should have just left it alone, is the decomp valve. I hate decomp valves. They cause problems, I think the saws start harder, and if you are man enough to pack a 90cc saw around with a 3 ft bar, you don't need no decomp valve. Anyway, I usually just take them out and plug them as soon as I get a new saw. Well, this one was in there WAY tight. When I took a 3/8 ratchet to it and backed it out, part of the threads from the cylinder came with it. I don't know if they used some kind of sealer/glue at the factory, or it was over torqued at the factory or what, but there was barely enough thread left to hold the plug. The plug is in there for now, but I bet I'll have to heli-coil or JB weld it or something in the future. Dangit, that is irritating.

Anyway, all thumbs up on the 592XP. Go get yourself one! Kind of like Grain Belt Beer, how in the world do they make it so good and so cheap! lol
take care, Cody
My 394 has a little more low end torque than the 592 but it’s a great preforming saw so far , yea that decomp valve might come back to haunt ya with that little threads

I've never used one and have never had a problem with my recoil starters either. Regardless, I wish I would have left it alone.
I think the recoils are better designed then the old Fairbanks that used to be trouble.
Decompression buttons are made by one company for most pro saws and basically all professional equipment. They are a German company that prides itself in adaptablity and precision, how they would malfunction is a mystery to me?

Just canceled my order for the 592, best part of a year i have waited and the last word from the dealer is that Husqvarna are giving no delivery dates and will not be here in the foreseeable future. When they delayed it the first time I bought an 881, glad i did I would have been waiting forever.

I ordered on from Bruce at Daytona Outdoor Power for $1,143 on a Thursday and had it on Tuesday. Pretty hard to beat, if you ask me.

As far as the decomp buttons, they are well made and have very few problems. I did have one that leaked one time. I think it had a little carbon stuck in it or something. I probably could have easily cleaned it out, but I just put a plug in. The whole idea is just crazy to me as far as having a leak in the combustion chamber on purpose being a good thing. It's just me, I'm silly. Leave your decomp buttons in, especially if it is on a brand new saw, I wish I would have.

I've seen some decomp buttons let loose on a couple of older saws with a butt load of hours, also some leaked...but those were very isolated issues and there's likely nothing wrong with leaving a decomp button in place. That being said...I put plugs in place of the button on all my saws.

Starting a high-compression saw is more about technique than strength and I never find myself using the decomp, so I just pull it once I do some port work that particular saw.

Mine has been nothing but a lemon so far it's having major issues with the autotune especially after it warms up. Ran good but a bit rich the first two days then has been nothing but trouble ever since it runs so rich it bugs out and dies after a tank or two and even struggles on the first tank of the day some times. I use it to fall and process wood part time as a second job so when it started acting up was after my free return time limit for pro saws. Had two trips to the dealer so far and it's going for it's third trip here soon. First new saw I ever bought and it's an absolute lemon my 40 year old pioneer works better then this brand new husqvarna. But to be fair when it does run good it's an absolute beast but this one is a lemon unfortunately. I'll update as things progress encase others are having similar issues of running rich.

Mine has been nothing but a lemon so far it's having major issues with the autotune especially after it warms up. Ran good but a bit rich the first two days then has been nothing but trouble ever since it runs so rich it bugs out and dies after a tank or two and even struggles on the first tank of the day some times. I use it to fall and process wood part time as a second job so when it started acting up was after my free return time limit for pro saws. Had two trips to the dealer so far and it's going for it's third trip here soon. First new saw I ever bought and it's an absolute lemon my 40 year old pioneer works better then this brand new husqvarna. But to be fair when it does run good it's an absolute beast but this one is a lemon unfortunately. I'll update as things progress encase others are having similar issues of running rich.
Update there's a problem with some of the coils in these saws a replacement is on the way.

Mine has been nothing but a lemon so far it's having major issues with the autotune especially after it warms up. Ran good but a bit rich the first two days then has been nothing but trouble ever since it runs so rich it bugs out and dies after a tank or two and even struggles on the first tank of the day some times. I use it to fall and process wood part time as a second job so when it started acting up was after my free return time limit for pro saws. Had two trips to the dealer so far and it's going for it's third trip here soon. First new saw I ever bought and it's an absolute lemon my 40 year old pioneer works better then this brand new husqvarna. But to be fair when it does run good it's an absolute beast but this one is a lemon unfortunately. I'll update as things progress encase others are having similar issues of running
Mine has been nothing but a lemon so far it's having major issues with the autotune especially after it warms up. Ran good but a bit rich the first two days then has been nothing but trouble ever since it runs so rich it bugs out and dies after a tank or two and even struggles on the first tank of the day some times. I use it to fall and process wood part time as a second job so when it started acting up was after my free return time limit for pro saws. Had two trips to the dealer so far and it's going for it's third trip here soon. First new address
Unfortunately in the manufacturing world no matter how much real world testing or R&D there is , there’s gonna be failures in new products that’s the nature of the beast , ya hope manufacturers make it right quickly and efficiently not to be a pain for costumers who purchases the products, sorry to hear of your ongoing problems it’s not something anyone wants to go threw, and hopefully the dealerships can right the situation in a timely fashion.

Pioneer: sorry to hear of your Husqvarna problems. My 592XP Has been outstanding. Love the AutoTune for the various elevations where I cut. Sweet saw.

JQ
Thanks bud, definitely hard on the heard but what do ya do. Hopefully that coil is the end of it cause when it did work right it was a beast and it's a well laid out saw I really like it. But sad first new saw I get ran worse then my cheap dumpster specials older then me for next to nothing. The ol pioneer is a trooper for being 40 years old and sitting for 20 years in a shed just fresh fuel and lines and a bar she was back in service but showing her age now. Hopefully a fresh carb kit will fix her up she was getting more temperamental to tune but I want that as a show piece being my first saw and a Canadian classic since I'm Canadian. Need to bring back reed valve saws that thing had way more power then my buddys 562s and ms 400 but ya just can't keep a brake spring in it 🤷‍♂️

Unfortunately in the manufacturing world no matter how much real world testing or R&D there is , there’s gonna be failures in new products that’s the nature of the beast , ya hope manufacturers make it right quickly and efficiently not to be a pain for costumers who purchases the products, sorry to hear of your ongoing problems it’s not something anyone wants to go threw, and hopefully the dealerships can right the situation in a timely fashion.
Ya I hear ya there and I'm cool with that my main job is in manufacturing and the logging job is secondary as backup employment but mostly for helping an old friend out. To me mistakes happen that's just what it is the response to it is what matters to me. I had to buy the saw 60 miles away cause my local dealer didn't even know they were coming out and didn't wanna order it cause it's not a normal size saw they carry. So first trip to the dealer was there as I expected just a quick diagnosis and tune would fix it but since I bought the saw elsewhere and only bought small items there they refused to honor the warranty cause I never bought it from them so that was a rough start to this whole mess. Wasn't much money for the tune but to me it was the principal that a dealer honors the warranty weither they sold ya it or not but that's to be delt with by husqvarna.

Latest posts

Back