Husqvarna 592XP: Real world feedback

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya I hear ya there and I'm cool with that my main job is in manufacturing and the logging job is secondary as backup employment but mostly for helping an old friend out. To me mistakes happen that's just what it is the response to it is what matters to me. I had to buy the saw 60 miles away cause my local dealer didn't even know they were coming out and didn't wanna order it cause it's not a normal size saw they carry. So first trip to the dealer was there as I expected just a quick diagnosis and tune would fix it but since I bought the saw elsewhere and only bought small items there they refused to honor the warranty cause I never bought it from them so that was a rough start to this whole mess. Wasn't much money for the tune but to me it was the principal that a dealer honors the warranty weither they sold ya it or not but that's to be delt with by husqvarna.
Yea , dealership’s unfortunately can say and do what they want , you hope they care more about customers service and not about there own . Hopefully the issues ur having are short term to say the least all the best to ya , the evolution of new technology can be a real pain sometimes but nobody gonna stand in its way of progress.

Update there's a problem with some of the coils in these saws a replacement is on the way.
Small world. I just recieved the 585 version. Same saw except for bore size and traditional carb. I, too, was having trouble starting mine, at first. Then I cleaned the (tiny) plug they come with, and tested the coil. It gave sparks, but seemingly only in the later part of the starting stroke. And with a plug that had performed a few cuts, no visible sparks until I cleaned it again. Was inches from trying to get a warranty repair the first time, when I realized that I hadn't been following the Husqvarna Youtube starting technique to the letter, and also hadn't done any hard cuts (figuring it was a matter of ring seal on a new saw?) More run time made a difference for ease of starting, but not being able to see the spark instantly, each and every time, made me wonder. When I get it running, I love the thing! Big, ugly hickory logs don't stand a chance against this thing!

Yea , dealership’s unfortunately can say and do what they want , you hope they care more about customers service and not about there own . Hopefully the issues ur having are short term to say the least all the best to ya , the evolution of new technology can be a real pain sometimes but nobody gonna stand in its way of progress.
Indeed but luckily the dealer I bought it from has been pretty helpful it's just the whole 60 miles each way to get it checked out that adds up that's time away from cutting and gas can pay for a new chain. I say it's just bad luck and I wanted the saw bad enough cause the features and numbers makes sense. I'm sure a 572xp in my type of wood would have been plenty and even a 562xp in most spots but the had me at big power and extra loud muffler cause ya just gotta hear the power and it makes for better cooling and if ya buy over built it should take longer to wear it out is my theory. She's a heavy brute but the power makes it worth while especially with my mediocre filling. My hand filling is sharp but nothing to write home about working with veterans of 45 years of production forestry which is good to have such high standards to aim for especially in an area dominated by mechanized logging. A dying art for sure probably in my neck of the woods but it's good to keep that knowledge alive and there's always more money per stick hand falling vs machine falling as sadly machines make people lazy and near mindless I see that enough in the manufacturing world. I'm sure many of you on here have an even bigger understanding of what I mean but it seems in the west hand falling is still highly appreciated where here in the east it's laughed at as archaic.

I just got mine this week and put a couple tanks through it last night. I'm running a 32" Tsumara light bar with 3/8 square grind chain. So far, I'm thinking it is totally freaking awesome! Tons of power, I like how it handles, nice power curve, fires right up. To me, it really feels like a quality saw. I have a 372, a 395, a 660 and 572 that I frequently run. The 592 is lighter and has noticeably more power than the 395 or the 660. It seems to use considerably less fuel than either my 395 or 660. One thing I did like was the power curve is flatter than my 572. The 572 is a screamer and doesn't have much lugging power, but the 592 has power in the midrange and high range. It is definitely my favorite at the moment and fear it has made a bunch of saws obsolete.....lol

The only two things that are a little strange is the fuel primer bulb never gets any fuel in it? No matter how much you pump it, it just has air in it. The saw starts and runs fine, so I'm not going to worry about it, but it is strange. The primer bulbs on my other saws all have fuel in them. The other thing, which I am a little embarrassed about as I should have just left it alone, is the decomp valve. I hate decomp valves. They cause problems, I think the saws start harder, and if you are man enough to pack a 90cc saw around with a 3 ft bar, you don't need no decomp valve. Anyway, I usually just take them out and plug them as soon as I get a new saw. Well, this one was in there WAY tight. When I took a 3/8 ratchet to it and backed it out, part of the threads from the cylinder came with it. I don't know if they used some kind of sealer/glue at the factory, or it was over torqued at the factory or what, but there was barely enough thread left to hold the plug. The plug is in there for now, but I bet I'll have to heli-coil or JB weld it or something in the future. Dangit, that is irritating.

Anyway, all thumbs up on the 592XP. Go get yourself one! Kind of like Grain Belt Beer, how in the world do they make it so good and so cheap! lol
take care, Cody

Bone headed comment. Shows lack of experience !

I've never used one and have never had a problem with my recoil starters either. Regardless, I wish I would have left it alone.
Try cuttin timber with with a 288 Husky when they first came out. Before they put the magic Blue button on there.
Try starting my 3120 without the decomp valve . Or a modified 084 !
The 2100s and 2101s I cut timber with, a guy just had to suffer thru. But as soon as the 394s came out , I peddled my last 2101.
I know some good cutters that had fingers broke and tendons snapped in their hands and fingers from bushlin saws ripping the starter handle out of their hands when they backfired.
Casting aspersions on someone for using the compression release on a saw is just ignorant!

We just purchased about 6 592xps for the park service, I'll let it be known how the non professionals like them.
Based on my experience with government fleet saws and the inexperienced operators that use them...they'll love them at first. Then once the chains lose an edge, they'll complain that there is something wrong with the saws lol. Luckily at my main job, I was allowed to purchase a falling saw of my choice(462R) and it's strictly assigned to me...I even lock it up when I'm not a work.

Based on my experience with government fleet saws and the inexperienced operators that use them...they'll love them at first. Then once the chains lose an edge, they'll complain that there is something wrong with the saws lol. Luckily at my main job, I was allowed to purchase a falling saw of my choice(462R) and it's strictly assigned to me...I even lock it up when I'm not a work.
That about nails it,lol

Update on my 592xp, at nearly 14 hours on the saw they replaced the ignition coil claiming there's a bad batch of coils for these saws, after 6 hours at my dealer of which almost 3 hours waiting for the new husqvarna service hub to install because they are switching over and the old one wouldn't connect to my saw they reset it to the new coil and still won't run at full throttle. They kept the saw and were told it's the carburetor the new one arrived this afternoon a week later. They still have my saw and will call me tomorrow afternoon to let me know the news. In short saw seems to be absolute junk so if it fails in the woods one more time I'm exchanging it for a 500i and never looking at a husky again. Very disappointed in what husqvarna has become.

Update on my 592xp, at nearly 14 hours on the saw they replaced the ignition coil claiming there's a bad batch of coils for these saws, after 6 hours at my dealer of which almost 3 hours waiting for the new husqvarna service hub to install because they are switching over and the old one wouldn't connect to my saw they reset it to the new coil and still won't run at full throttle. They kept the saw and were told it's the carburetor the new one arrived this afternoon a week later. They still have my saw and will call me tomorrow afternoon to let me know the news. In short saw seems to be absolute junk so if it fails in the woods one more time I'm exchanging it for a 500i and never looking at a husky again. Very disappointed in what husqvarna has become.
Yea that not a good situation. sorry to hear that . there was a issue with fuel filter to in the 592 from another forum

If you think Husky is bad, just wait until you have to work with Stihl. I recently purchased a 500i and it came without the fuel primer bulb. looks like i'm going to be another 3 weeks to get that. not to mention the goofy pinned oiler adjustment.

If you think Husky is bad, just wait until you have to work with Stihl. I recently purchased a 500i and it came without the fuel primer bulb. looks like i'm going to be another 3 weeks to get that. not to mention the goofy pinned oiler adjustment.
So much for QC inspection before it leaves manufacturing. There supposed to start them before they leave .

That is when we found it. Unfortunately the dealer does not have another one.

Yea that not a good situation. sorry to hear that . there was a issue with fuel filter to in the 592 from another forum
Indeed, today's update now that they got a new fitting for doing a compression test on these saws cause the old one wore out. The new carb wasn't it either or the coil now it's testing at 120 pounds of compression where it should be 140 to 160 pounds. That call was the last straw so no in the works of trying to get my money back to buy a stihl 500i. Just can't trust a husky after this and the blown 562s I've seen so I'll be sticking with stihls for now or my old pioneer if I could get quality aftermarket parts to keep that old dinosaur going. To everyone that had luck with these 592s enjoy they seem awesome but I just can't trust them after this farce. 🤷‍♂️

Indeed, today's update now that they got a new fitting for doing a compression test on these saws cause the old one wore out. The new carb wasn't it either or the coil now it's testing at 120 pounds of compression where it should be 140 to 160 pounds. That call was the last straw so no in the works of trying to get my money back to buy a stihl 500i. Just can't trust a husky after this and the blown 562s I've seen so I'll be sticking with stihls for now or my old pioneer if I could get quality aftermarket parts to keep that old dinosaur going. To everyone that had luck with these 592s enjoy they seem awesome but I just can't trust them after this farce. 🤷‍♂️
I'll give you $500 for it :)

This is possibly why we can't get them over here, I had mine on order for months and in the end I bought an 881 for my milling. Its a shame Husky have gone like like this, I have a 365 Special, still running strong.

A buddy of mine bought a 592. He has been happy with his. I know it get used as he works on a wild land fire crew. After buying my 500i, I'm not overly impressed with the build quality so far. The stock air cleaner is garbage. The AV system is a joke. The oiler is next to useless unless you void the warranty and push the pin in. My Huskies have been pretty reliable. Lately it seems all products, saws, vehicles, machine tools are suffering. Even firearms are seeing more quality problems.

A buddy of mine bought a 592. He has been happy with his. I know it get used as he works on a wild land fire crew. After buying my 500i, I'm not overly impressed with the build quality so far. The stock air cleaner is garbage. The AV system is a joke. The oiler is next to useless unless you void the warranty and push the pin in. My Huskies have been pretty reliable. Lately it seems all products, saws, vehicles, machine tools are suffering. Even firearms are seeing more quality problems.
I agree, my 881 quality is very suspect.

Back