Husqvarna 61 mind blown

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm with you it's probably the coil... And a gas engine needs spark, compression, fuel/air, and timing. Since the flywheel is fine the timing is controlled by the coil anyway. Only other thing would be a bad plug especially if its the resistor type. Sometimes if you squish the gap down to 15 thou or so it will spark under compression even if its a weak coil. Either way I think you are spot on and I have seen saws run with really low compression before just gutless as hell.
I had an Honda XR-600 motorcycle that wouldnt fire for shiz.I remember wiping the flywheel and stator clean (CDI ignition) and dang thing fired right up.After replacing the (expensive) stator, no more problems.

:popcorn2: Hmmm, I had a 61, good firewood maker. Moved it down the line. Had the old white top. Very curious as to what’s gonna fix this one. How you making out OP?

The point is arguable because THE SAW DOES NOT RUN. It should, but it dont. Lone Wolf was trying to help you. No reason to argue. Put the new coil on and see if that does it but I've also seen it happen to saws that have a busted seal. No amount of pulling would get it to start until it was replaced. With LW, p&v test it. If your not open minded, saw work is not for you.
A saw with a ripped, or popped out seal will fire and run a little bit, then die, with a bit of fuel dropped into the spark plug hole.

Latest posts

Back