Husqvarna 61 white top question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nickh0902

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I picked up a white top 61 in good shape. Needs the seals replaced and the carb rebuilt. I noticed some scoring on the piston. Saw seems to have good compression. I would like to keep it stock. If I buy a new hyway 61 piston and cylinder will my muffler and Intake bolt back up correctly? I’m new to the husky stuff. I know there is some changes between the older 61 saws and the newer ones. Wasn’t sure how that worked with the replacement p/c. Any other recommendations on p/c for this saw are welcome. I also need to replace the handle/ fuel tank because it leaks at the bottom. Pic included for date. Thanks

Attachments

• 4489732F-19CA-4D0F-AB8A-A548CFEC6E71.jpeg
    4489732F-19CA-4D0F-AB8A-A548CFEC6E71.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 9
I picked up a white top 61 in good shape. Needs the seals replaced and the carb rebuilt. I noticed some scoring on the piston. Saw seems to have good compression. I would like to keep it stock. If I buy a new hyway 61 piston and cylinder will my muffler and Intake bolt back up correctly? I’m new to the husky stuff. I know there is some changes between the older 61 saws and the newer ones. Wasn’t sure how that worked with the replacement p/c. Any other recommendations on p/c for this saw are welcome. I also need to replace the handle/ fuel tank because it leaks at the bottom. Pic included for date. Thanks
Dices q tiene buena compresión entonces: ¿porque cambiar cilindro y pistón?

Why are you considering replacing the cylinder?

Good compression + some scoring...would suggest to me, new piston and ring.

My question as well. Post up pics of cylinder. It seems to be a bit of a fad, to buy a a/m cylinder/piston kit, whether the saw needs it or not. I’d stay with original cylinder at least if possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My question as well. Post up pics of cylinder. It seems to be a bit of a fad, to buy a a/m cylinder/piston kit, whether the saw needs it or not. I’d stay with original cylinder at least if possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So I just retired .ihave about 18or so saws I’ve had for years .,in 90s and 2000 I cleared land sights for houses .Got back into cutting Again ,have mill ,had a couple saws getting hard to start.So on downt time decided to clean all up and redo anything so I don’t have any problems on next job coming up .i pulled s few jugs off and basically rehoned lightly and ,put caber rings back in it . 2 saws I hadbroken fins outside on and saved jug but played with a China cylinder And put that on it .my 394 I saved cylinder original ,still good ,after prob 200 hours .And put big borecylinder on it and change carb so impulse problem was solved .i did put caber and meteor piston in 394 .im new to this posting stuff trying to put pictures in

Attachments

• EC5B1533-B131-4932-9927-3C3EFD67BEA5.jpeg
    EC5B1533-B131-4932-9927-3C3EFD67BEA5.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 2
Glad to here your having good luck! I like the carburetor saws! The electronic has is place for altitude fuel/air adjustments being compensated. But I Love Old School!!!!

If cylinder doesn't clean up, I would look on fleaBay. The open finger port 61's are unloved, but work just fine. I have purchased clean OEM ones for under 50 bones.

Latest posts

Back