Husqvarna Air Injection

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TFPace

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I am a big believer in the air injection system used by Husqvarna.

Is this system used on all levels of their current production? At one time you had to buy a pro-saw to get this feature I believe?

I notice that the "air injection" logo isn't on the labels of the newest saws.

Thanks

Tom

Can't answer that question, but it does work well. I clean my air dilter once a year. Even then, it's not plugged. My buddy's Stihl needs the filter cleand 2x a day...POS...
One bad thing about the air injection: In winter it blows cold air directly on your left hand fingers. THAT sucks.

Can't answer that question, but it does work well. I clean my air dilter once a year. Even then, it's not plugged. My buddy's Stihl needs the filter cleand 2x a day...POS...
One bad thing about the air injection: In winter it blows cold air directly on your left hand fingers. THAT sucks.

Yep them Stihl's are such POS...I mean geeze. They should just close up shop. BTW, you should buy a glove for that left hand :laugh:

michael_jackson-white_glove.jpg

I do believe that all models (even the 2xx homeowner saws) except the 3120 currently have air injection. It's to the point that they don't even write "air injection" on the new labels--for the 576 and 346xp on the starter covers.

agreed

I have switched several Stihl friends over to Husky's due to the air cleaner issue. Running both saws on the same job is a great way of comparing them side by side. De-comp valves is another one too, but we're getting off topic :)

can,t say for all husky saws
but i have a husky 136 homeowner, 55 landowner, 394 professional they all have air injection

Yep them Stihl's are such POS...I mean geeze. They should just close up shop. BTW, you should buy a glove for that left hand :laugh:

michael_jackson-white_glove.jpg

My buddy runs them exclusively, cuts a load to 2 loads of wood a day. They have great power, but they fall apart too easy. He replaces bars and tanks every few weeks. My Huskys never give those problems. Then again, I don't YANK the thing out of a pinch like he does his...but the tanks on the Stihls are weak. They crack when put on and taken off the skidder a hundred times where the Husky don't.

My buddy runs them exclusively, cuts a load to 2 loads of wood a day. They have great power, but they fall apart too easy. He replaces bars and tanks every few weeks. My Huskys never give those problems. Then again, I don't YANK the thing out of a pinch like he does his...but the tanks on the Stihls are weak. The crack when put on and taken off the skidder a hundred times where the Husky don't.

It sounds to me like no matter what saw your buddy is running, he is gonna tear it to crap. Lack of care/maintenance is the cause of your buddy's problems, not Stihl. If he is swapping bars and tanks every few weeks he has the problem, not Stihl.

It sounds to me like no matter what saw your buddy is running, he is gonna tear it to crap. Lack of care/maintenance is the cause of your buddy's problems, not Stihl. If he is swapping bars and tanks every few weeks he has the problem, not Stihl.

+1

Husky semi see through tanks split seams easily vs the solid ones ......

I agree, except he can use a husky just the same way and it will last longer before he kills it. (Not including ripping the mounts out in a pinch)
He runs them because they have a bit more wampum than the same size Husky. I like the husky more because the ergos are better for me, and the dealer is top notch.

I agree, except he can use a husky just the same way and it will last longer before he kills it. (Not including ripping the mounts out in a pinch)
He runs them because they have a bit more wampum than the same size Husky. I like the husky more because the ergos are better for me, and the dealer is top notch.

Oh horse puckey. :laugh: It sounds like he would have the springs pulled all out of whack the first day with a husky.

Oh horse puckey. :laugh: It sounds like he would have the springs pulled all out of whack the first day with a husky.

Read it again, I said he would. He's an animal. He says the Stihl is stronger that way, but he's full of crap. He has a PILE of dead Stihls in the back of his truck. I have exactly 2 saws, both run, and have for a few years now..I am a lot nicer to my stuff. Hell, he runs over more saws in a year than I have ever bought.

Read it again, I said he would. He's an animal. He says the Stihl is stronger that way, but he's full of crap. He has a PILE of dead Stihls in the back of his truck. I have exactly 2 saws, both run, and have for a few years now..I am a lot nicer to my stuff. Hell, he runs over more saws in a year than I have ever bought.

Well then...I think you should send me that truck bed full of Stihl's with their busted tanks, and ripped out mounts. Ill even pay shipping. What models is he tearing up?

Well then...I think you should send me that truck bed full of Stihl's with their busted tanks, and ripped out mounts. Ill even pay shipping. What models is he tearing up?

O44, 440, whatever the = of a 372 is. They hold on tight to those, he NEEDS them. He robs a part from the pile every day. Fool rolled the 648D the other day, all 4 tires spinning in the air...still had the hitch in the grapple too.

You clean your air "dilter" once a year, the air injector blows air on your left hand, the one up on the front handle bar. Man thank goodness Husky gets all the winners, :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

If he has any 064/066/660 parts I'll take em.

Latest posts

Back