Husqvarna G288 Chinese clone

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've seen a number of YouTubes with these saws and they look pretty tight. There are some like one year two year reviews and they seem pretty positive.

Forgive me, I'm not talking about the 288 specifically. I've seen videos of the 660 and the 372, and they seem to have been out for like 2 or 3 years each.

Forgive me, I'm not talking about the 288 specifically. I've seen videos of the 660 and the 372, and they seem to have been out for like 2 or 3 years each.
Gotcha, I have read and seen many reviews of the 660 and 372. I have built one of each from the parts kits.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

How did that go? Do they run okay?
The 660 had a lot more problem parts to work through. Harder to build than the 372. Husqvarnas are just a simpler design and easier to work on than Stihl in my opinion. The 660 is harder to start, more pulls required. Hot starts are iffy. 372 starts easy, runs great, oils great. Only had to replace the decomp, starter rope, and oil hose. I like it a lot.

I want no part of China Knock-Off Anything.
How will major chainsaw manufacturers react to knockoff replica chainsaws from places like China to prevent their companies being compromised in terms of profit and copyright theft? I'd imagine it will be a difficult problem for them to solve. The thing is, those Asian companies who are basically creating saws from a stock of aftermarket parts, are constantly evolving towards a more reliable product. What helps them evolve is feedback given to them from the final user (us guys). When they are finally producing a flawless machine the original companies will be in trouble unless they can keep ahead of Asia by designing and building better products. A question could be; How do you redesign a nail? Idk but unless we all boycott Asia/China, which has as much of a chance of happening as a snowball surviving in Eyjafjallajökull, the knockoff replicators will have to become part of our purchasing activities for both replacement parts _and_ completely finished machines.

Looks good. How does it run? I would like to build one but I can't afford it, especially right now.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
Not a clue yet. Mine just landed.

Plus I bought the blue one. I like the color and dont have to pay big money for power coating like some do to change the color of their saws. I get mine free for cost of saw. :laughing:

Both my newly required 272xp ‘s need rings.

I’m saying after I picked up a new 266se my 2100 cd was used for bigger trees, decades ago when the hurricane hit it shut down the forest access road. The tree that fell had larger than 24” limbs and many of them. We need a smaller saw saying a 266, a larger 575 and a bigger 2100 if your doing firewood.

Latest posts

Back