Husqvarna G288 Chinese clone

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blue 288 arrived last night. To late to check over. But some quick pics. Man if those orange hi top covers are as nice as the blue. You guys going to like being able to buy whole set ups.

Love getting fav color on the saws without having to pay the expensive power coating price like alot of folks do to change colors of their saws.

g288ht.jpgg288b.jpgg288bbbbbbbbb.jpgg288bb.jpgg288bbb.jpgg288bbbb.jpgg288orangee.jpg

We were comparing the 288 aftermarket high tops offered to OEM yesterday on CRG FB.

Findings. =

The FT high top 288 is just like the OEM ones with 2 places for air. Come in blue and orange.

The other aftermarket ones being sold out there are like the eliminator high top ones with only the fly area for air.

Just to show for those buying. FT, OEM, other afm.

g288htttt.jpgg288httt.jpgg288htt.jpgh288htoem.jpgh288htfly.jpgh288htmatts.jpg

We were comparing the 288 aftermarket high tops offered to OEM yesterday on CRG FB.

Findings. =

The FT high top 288 is just like the OEM ones with 2 places for air. Come in blue and orange.

The other aftermarket ones being sold out there are like the eliminator high top ones with only the fly area for air.

Just to show for those buying. FT, OEM, other afm.

View attachment 947495View attachment 947496View attachment 947497View attachment 947498View attachment 947499View attachment 947500
I ran mine till break in. Took it apart and found really crappy cylinder. Bought a highway kit and a domed piston worked the ports mildly and cured!! Footnote- make sure you use decomp valve as the starter lug in the recoil starter wear out real easy

I ran mine till break in. Took it apart and found really crappy cylinder. Bought a highway kit and a domed piston worked the ports mildly and cured!! Footnote- make sure you use decomp valve as the starter lug in the recoil starter wear out real easy
Most do have ugly looking bevels and ports. Most guys just clean them up.
Now I have seen some guys ordering kits they were really bad looking cylinders.

I just removed the decomp in G288. Because heck I could start without pretty easy compared to my blue tank G660 that was 200psi plus stock. New clear tank G660 only pulling 160psi stock.
But thanks for heads up. Not to bad of a squish on this one with base gasket still in. Only 2nd tank when checked. So psi might go up little once rings seat.

g288psi.jpgg288squish.jpg

I only needed decomp after rebuild it makes 210 lbs. now. I did replace the decomp valve it always stuck in after start up. I use a 32” Tsumura bar and full comp chain right now and it sails through red oak. I’ll post back on longevity after a few months of hard use
Pictures of original cylinder and piston?

$239 plus 77 shipping and 45 days to get here and it's blue not orange.
I'm not having any trouble passing it up. They have it in kit form which is orange. I would do one of those if it were cheaper.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
$208 shipping to Kanadastan. I like the color, but $447 is too much for a clone. I don't have near that much in my mint all OEM 288XP.

I have two 272xp’s , one 372xp to rebuild but the g288 is on my wish list.

I spent a lot on toys for tots all at once, this following year I’ll spend money each month on it to spread it out. Gotta help the kids there going through a lot these days.

$208 shipping to Kanadastan. I like the color, but $447 is too much for a clone. I don't have near that much in my mint all OEM 288XP.

Try the Canada dealers. Like 4 toward bottom. Help bypass the crazy shipping for there and that duty.
Some are more price friendly.

I would get hold of Simon. J. Bertrand. Used to race against him long ago. He was good operator and builder too.

FT2022Jan.jpg

I bought the farmertec g288 it’s being shipped as we speak it was $208 with amazon gift cards.

I bought the farmertec g288 it’s being shipped as we speak it was $208 with amazon gift cards.
I finished cleaning up the highway cylinder and installed that along with a domed piston from LRB. I’ve put two tanks of fuel thru it and so far so good. I’m running a Tsumura 32” bar and a full comp chain. It runs as good or better than my real 288. Note: the stock wrist pin and bearing were extremely loose replaced with oem.

When I was looking for a big saw last spring (2021) to do a little of milling, I almost gave in an bought the G660. Held out a bit longer and came across the MS070 clone. For what I'm doing,, I couldn't justify buying the real deal.
I'm no mechanic by no means but have learned a bit since I've got this saw. Just the small stuff so far, clutch, pull rope, gas line, is about all.
I did just go on farmertech last week and ordered bunch of aftermarket parts just to have.
I did the recommended break in period and so far so good, I've had no major problems.
You can still go online and print out the Stihl parts list for anything you to go back OEM on.
Now if I can just learn to sharpen a chain [emoji2357]
1b4d4e828b98ebbd1ed3d7221df0c7c6.jpg
bbbf83c209c4c751e65cd36364ac5b88.jpg

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

I have two piston/ cylinder 288 kits on the shelf here. I’ll get a wristpin bearing and gaskets.
With the highway kit and domed piston it makes an impressive saw for under $400. Just used it on big blow down oaks here in W.Va. With a 32” bar and full comp chain it just gets better every time I run it. This is the the blue 288 clone I bought. I’d like to find a full wrap handle bar for it

With the highway kit and domed piston it makes an impressive saw for under $400. Just used it on big blow down oaks here in W.Va. With a 32” bar and full comp chain it just gets better every time I run it. This is the the blue 288 clone I bought. I’d like to find a full wrap handle bar for it
Pro Saftey is the only company that makes a full wrap handle for it, that I know of.
What rings did you use for your pop up?

Latest posts

Back