Husqvarna G288 Chinese clone

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That’s what I’m counting on it costing under $300. Take it apart inspect the top end change what it needs.

I just bought a 660 and 372 with the carbon fiber accoutrements. I think they both come with aftermarket Pistons and walbro carbs. It was $100 to ship, and I don't know whether or not I'm going to have to pay a duty to get them released at port, but I'm going to the impression that less than $800 worth of goods doesn't get messed with too much.

I just bought a 660 and 372 with the carbon fiber accoutrements. I think they both come with aftermarket Pistons and walbro carbs. It was $100 to ship, and I don't know whether or not I'm going to have to pay a duty to get them released at port, but I'm going to the impression that less than $800 worth of goods doesn't get messed with too much.
Those aren't actually carbon fiber. They are hydro dipped plastic. They changed their ad to reflect that after they got questioned about it.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Your talking a tariff?

I don't know what it is, technically, but I've heard if you buy x amount of stuff, you'll have to pony up some money to get it released? This is my first go-around buying straight from China. I bought a couple from their US supplier.

@ammoaddict: Thank you for the heads up.

Those aren't actually carbon fiber. They are hydro dipped plastic. They changed their ad to reflect that after they got questioned about it.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
Looks like there improving as they go. I can’t justify spending thousands of dollars on new husky or Stihl saws. But a few dollars on farmertec I can do.

I don't know what it is, technically, but I've heard if you buy x amount of stuff, you'll have to pony up some money to get it released? This is my first go-around buying straight from China. I bought a couple from their US supplier.

@ammoaddict: Thank you for the heads up.
No tariffs, if you paid for shipping from China it should come directly to your house.

With the highway kit and domed piston it makes an impressive saw for under $400. Just used it on big blow down oaks here in W.Va. With a 32” bar and full comp chain it just gets better every time I run it. This is the the blue 288 clone I bought. I’d like to find a full wrap handle bar for it
You can modify a Husqvarna 390 full wrap to fit the 281/288s
Just some bending of the down tube and relocating the mounting fastener holes.

I like full wrap bars on a few of my saws. after the knotch the most dangerous time is walking around the trunk for the back cut.

I like the full wrap because it’s thicker and easier to use with my old hands. Plus it keeps the right side of the saw protected
The oem fullwraps for 266/268/281/288s are stupid expensive now.
That's why i run the oem 30.00 Husqvarna 372 wraps on some of my 266/268/272s
Very easy to install
Just add one hole on the bottom.
And bend the down tube
Down and trim the bottom corner off
And bend the down tube in slightly to clear the clutch cover.
And I can't run the skinny wraps anymore
I like the large Husqvarna diameter bars.IMG_20210616_200556.jpg
The plastic flag clutch covers fit these wraps best.

I’ll try the 390 handlebar it’s not as pricey as Prosafe
I ins
I’ll try the 390 handlebar it’s not as pricey as Prosafe
i installed the 390 full wrap on my chop stick 288 took some new holes some creative bending. I don’t know how to post photos yet

Back