Husqvarna Sticky!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I picked up a smaller/older Husky 36 a couple of weeks ago.I pulled the carb for a rebuild & put a new fuel line in.The carb was previously worked on by a complete moron.I tried getting the screws off on the metering side & he wallowed out the screw heads,probably with a drill/driver.I got one screw out,broke one off in the carb body,& can't budge the other 2.I found a "replacement" carb with air filter,fuel filter,gaskets,& fuel line for $13 on feebay.I'm assuming the carb will be junk as most of the Chinese aftermarkets carbs are.The fuel line is way oversized,live & learn on that purchase.The chain brake was gutted of the brake band & spring.I ordered the kit off feebay which includes a brake bans,knee joint,& spring.Just wondering what kind ofg a PITA job it's gonna be to instrall all the new parts.I've already got the chain brake apart except for a dowel pin that holds the knee joint in place.
I did manage to pick up a 136 for parts.That saw is missing the entire chain brake & entire throttle trigger assembly.It has a newly rebuilt carb that should be good to go.The carb alone was worth the $30 I paid for the whole saw.

I've owned a many of the 346 OE NE and 353 OE NE and 351 saws over the years.

But this is first one I bought yesterday because of the year made. First year 1999 346xp OE.

Attachments

• h34699xxxx.jpg
    h34699xxxx.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 0
  • h34699xxxxx.jpg
    h34699xxxxx.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 0
  • h34699xxxxxx.jpg
    h34699xxxxxx.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 0
  • h34699xx.jpg
    h34699xx.jpg