Husqvarna Sticky!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was looking for a 272XP full wrap. They seem to be very rare. Lots of others Husqvarna full wraps out there. Will the 372 style fit a 272? Any other saws share the same mount as the 272XP?
The only compatible full wraps are off of a 61, 268, or 272. I've gotten 2 full wrap 272's, both of which I still have. I've thought about modifying a 372 wrap, it looks pretty close and it's only $35 for the oem kit.

HELP 281SE NOT OILING!!
Hi fellas I have torn this 281 apart so many times trying to figure out what's wrong. It looks like there is (2) different oiler gears?? Maybe I'm using the wrong one. Any HUSQVARNA experts know what gear goes with my oiler housing. Any help would be much appreciated thanks.

HELP 281SE NOT OILING!!
Hi fellas I have torn this 281 apart so many times trying to figure out what's wrong. It looks like there is (2) different oiler gears?? Maybe I'm using the wrong one. Any HUSQVARNA experts know what gear goes with my oiler housing. Any help would be much appreciated thanks.
I just tore a 281 down, I believe the oiler gear differences have to do with the dust shield arrangement. If possible, post up the p/n cast on the backside of your oiler and I'll try to help.

I just tore a 281 down, I believe the oiler gear differences have to do with the dust shield arrangement. If possible, post up the p/n cast on the backside of your oiler and I'll try to help.

Attachments

• 20210510_172619.jpg
    20210510_172619.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 16
  • 20210510_172636.jpg
    20210510_172636.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 16
  • 20210510_172650.jpg
    20210510_172650.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 16
  • 20210510_172658.jpg
    20210510_172658.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 14
I looked at a used husky saw with 125# compression asking $450. I thought about it if it needs crankbearings, piston/cylinder I’m in the wallet for almost a new saw. Crazy prices on used saws.

HELP 281SE NOT OILING!!
If everything meshes correctly it should be turning the pump. Presume you have flushed the oil tank & pulled the line & filter to check they're clear?
Have you had the guts out of it & checked the spring & the adjuster for wear?

If everything meshes correctly it should be turning the pump. Presume you have flushed the oil tank & pulled the line & filter to check they're clear?
Have you had the guts out of it & checked the spring & the adjuster for wear?
I got the oiler flowing like it should. It was the little tiny screw in the bottom of the oiler housing. It wasn't screwed in all the way. I tightened it up and it started gushing oil out.

So, I bought a Husky 555 that starts if primed but not otherwise. What is the best way to attempt to diagnose and repair that autotune system?

Does it run fine once started?
Have you checked/replaced the fuel lines, filter, & primer assembly?
It does not run when started, it just runs on the extra fuel that I squirt in. Fuel is pulled through with the purge bulb, there is fuel in the carb, just not getting into the engine.

If there's something not quite right with the fuel lines etc you may be able to pump fuel through when the carb can't draw it up. Otherwise I'd be checking all the standard carb stuff (diaphragms, metering, screen, jets, etc) before looking into the auto tune side of things

If there's something not quite right with the fuel lines etc you may be able to pump fuel through when the carb can't draw it up. Otherwise I'd be checking all the standard carb stuff (diaphragms, metering, screen, jets, etc) before looking into the auto tune side of things
Thank you

Back