Husqvarna Sticky!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see it has an Xtra power sticker just above the recoil. I bet that is a real nice saw to run.
Didn't see your post
That's a very strong 266
I had Steve haling/stumpshot sawsIMG_20220702_094422454_HDR.jpg
port it three years ago
It has around 220# comp
It's one of my favorites
I've broken 2 recoil spools
I've dropped and blocked a couple hundred tree's with it.
He also ported this anniversary 268
IMG_20220628_110207377_HDR.jpg everyone I've let run them wants to buy them or get their own and have them ported.
This 268 gets used more than any of my saws lately.

These are my husqys. My first saw ever and the last one id ever sell, 55 Rancher. I bought it used my sophomore year in highschool (2010) for $60. It was all original from 97 up until about a month ago. Had a a husqy dealer go through the whole thing and give it the works with a pop up piston, caber rings, and capped the decomp valve. When it came home i swapped it to 3/8, threw the 20” Sugihara light bar on it, and a new skip tooth chain. Only made a handful of cuts with it so far but its better than ever.
48296EE1-C2DB-4A7A-8349-4651A22F122A.jpeg
I bought this 450ii brand new at TSC to use in the mean time since my blue 660 is a beast to run all day between fuel consumption and weight. It was $200 off sticker price, a customer returned, said the clutch cover was defective, wouldnt go on or off. My dad works there part time so he text me about it.
08C47DC5-878F-4793-9968-5421D9FD412C.jpeg
It starts easy and cuts good.

Thanks for the heads-up
Imho
I'm being honest I have all three
The stock 266 gives nothing up to the stock 268 or 272 with a 20" bar
Larger wood the 272 will edge it out
But it enough to matter to me personally
Ported all three run neck and neck.
I prefer the twin coil lowtop 266 to any of them.

Just picked up a 266xp by swapping a small Stihl 015 which cost me about $25. Missing the muffler and the piston was somewhat scored just put in an aftermarket piston and new ring and we'll see how it goes tomorrow. Cleaned up the cylinder with scotchbrite. Has good spark, recoil and a working chain brake Sweet

Yes you are correct - it's a 254XP. But you are a bit too new with your guess of 1994. There are clues to years on these. It has tapped holes for the air injection so it's not too old, but it doesn't have a dedicated recess for the newer style chain catcher, so not too new either. Just a bit of useless trivia haha.

Yes you are correct - it's a 254XP. But you are a bit too new with your guess of 1994. There are clues to years on these. It has tapped holes for the air injection so it's not too old, but it doesn't have a dedicated recess for the newer style chain catcher, so not too new either. Just a bit of useless trivia haha.
Great info. Owned 254 but never learned about them. :cheers:

Back