• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold HVA 365/372 Flywheel side case half

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These case half’s are machined assembled there matching. Feeling lucky if you swap halves? A 50/50 chance.

Sooner or later mismatch case half’s will have a problem. The fit up isn’t right.

Even dirtbike, motorbikes are machined together.

Based on my experiences, Furb's spot-on; Stihl 044/046 mismatched cases can be difficult to match up, and Stihl 064/066 cases are very difficult, I can remember trying to build an 066, and I finally buying a matched case after trying to mate 15-20 flywheel sides to a clutch side.

I've had zero issues with assembling 365/371/372 mismatched cases in approximately 100-150 crank up rebuilds, including my personal 365 which I've used for firewood duties for the last decade. 268/272 and 266 cases have never given me an issue either.

I haven’t seen an issues yet with mismatched cases on huskys.
I am sure I have what you’re looking for, just none in perfect condition, the better ones are all gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Miss matched cases are of concern for cases the were line bored as a set.

When in the assembly process it's fairly easy to tell if the cases aren't a good fit for each other. As long and the cylinder flanges are equal and the crank isn't out of alignment, I don't see any reason why miss matched cases can't be used.

Also, not all case sets were line bored and the process today is most likely that each case half is cast and machined independently from there other meaning they aren't matched sets.

No sir, I am interested in what you have, but I'm pretty sure the shipping from B.C. to Michigan would be a killer.
Actually the shipping from Canada to the lower 48 is a fixed rate meaning, it's the same cost to Washington state or Michigan for the same parcel.

Since the case half doesn't weigh much and it's not very big, I could probably work the shipping into the price of the case half.

Well, I could at least give you an option.

I will send you a message later with a picture of some options.

Latest posts

Back