Hyroller 1200 versus Bandit 90xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick585

Reaction score
I am looking at two chippers right now. Hyroller 1200 for $6000 or 2000 Bandit 90 with 1400 hours for $7500. Both disc. Neither have auto feed or hydraulic down pressure. The Hyroller is a rebuild and the Bandit has been owned by a small tree company for 5 years and has been their backup chipper for 2 years. I am worried about getting parts and repairs for the Hyroller. I see a lot of posts in search of Hyroller parts. I would pull the trigger on the bandit if I feel the price is right. I went out on my own this year and currently borrow a Bandit 200 and in turn I trade a day of climbing for every 3 days I borrow it. Any insight or opinions on these machines?

I would stay away from the Hyroller. Altec has bought out Woodchuck and if the machine is old, Altec won't help you. You'll get better service from Bandit.

Hope this helps!

Dave
Global Equipment Exporters
770-420-6400

I would stay away from the Hyroller. Altec has bought out Woodchuck and if the machine is old, Altec won't help you. You'll get better service from Bandit.

Hope this helps!

Dave
770-420-6400

Thanks Dave, I am going to stay away from the Hyroller. I am now seriously considering buying a new bandit. I have been looking at 12xp, 15xp, 250xp, 255xp. I need a winch and trailer brakes. Wnat can I expect to pay for these machines brand new?

Nick,

You may want to look at ads on Machinery Trader and see what they are selling for. All chippers are outfitted with brakes and a winch will add about $5,000 to $6,000 in cost.

Hope this helps!

Dave
770-420-6400

Latest posts

Back