I feel sorry for my competition

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jackbnimble

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I was making progress, feeling good, getting there. Thought my ignition module on my MS660 was gone. It wasn't. Going to reattach the orange cover where I tested for spark on the cylinder--quite an advanced move for me!- and as I am feeding the little bolt in to tighten it down. Ping. Dropped it. Fell right into the starter abyss.
No wonder you guys can't compete with my genius. It comes naturally.
It will take me about 8 months to fish it out of there. Hope for a warm winter, boys.
I'm thinking of turning pro.

Screw that, with your genius you should pay a Stihl dealer $50 to fish it out!
How do I know these things? How could I know this would be the beginning of an excursion into pure madness? Oh sure! I got the little fella out of there and put everything back together with the greatest of ease. I got spark. I checked for the first time in my life! Electricity has always troubled me ever since I was electrocuted as a kid with a t.v. that didn't want to stay tuned so I could watch #89, Otis Taylor, fly down the field.
With plenty of juice I grabbed the starter and my shoulder came off. Nothing. Wouldn't budge. Again and again it refused to spin or move, at all.
The plot thickens. (I'm betting WW 3 has been up to her tricks.)

Much to my amazement I got the old girl running again. The screws that tighten down the cover are different lengths, something I never noticed. One was sticking through and jaming the flywheel.
It wasn't the module and it wasn't something broken or damaged trhat controls the timing.
I need a chainsaw in my life. I'm not the same without one. I'm sort of lost and befuddled. Intended to spend the afternoon looking for a decent back up because I can't stand not being able to cut wood.
CR's is becoming lots more favorable in their reviews of electric saws. Even for bigger trees and larger pieces of wood to cut up.
I'll have to see what my good, good buddy Buckin Billy Ray Smith thinks.

Back