I Got Me A Real Chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gypo Logger

Timber Baron
Reaction score
Hi There, heres a saw I am going to put up against Dennis's 2171 when I get Walts chain. I will also make timed cuts in the same 8x8 poplar with Art Martins chain and my round filed chisel chain.
Of course my chain wont even come close but it will be interesting to see the time difference.
Happiness is a semi modifide, sorta stock appearing chainsaw.

Hey you crummy canadian....If I come up to see you again, could I sleep with that saw? She's a cutie...Rick:alien:

Hi Rick, sure come on up ya weirdo, but you cant sleep with my Huskys, I dont want them to catch anything.
I hope you dont mind but I leaned heavily into a rock with your Walkerized 038.
John the Rock Mechanic

Hey John, what do the chips look like when you get into the rocks with that hot rod 088?

Thats all right you certified crummy canadian creep. I still feel the vibration in my hands from cuttin' the cable on back of your skidder with your walkerized 088....Rick:D :D :D

Hi Tony, not sure about rockin out an 088, just as Rick, but tested out his 038W on a rather largish limestone bolder. It made a neat little kerf about 100 mm deep and crystalized the cutters rather nicely.
Hey Rick ya deadbeat, the 038 have been discontinued by Stihl, but a guy from Texas offered me 1000 U.S. for it, so I will replace it with an 020T that Ken Dunn has added an expansion chamber to.
Rick is the only lumberjack (woodtick) I ever witnessed eating 1lb. of Canadian bacon and 6 XL eggs and a 1/2 a loaf of bread and 2 large cowboy coffees with Kevins maple syrup for breakfast.
John's Bar and Chain

So you're saying the fellow is a light eater, eh? Shoot, a pound of back bacon is equivilent to what, two slices of good ol' USA bacon? ;^) And only 6 eggs? If you are only supposed to eat six, then why do they sell 'em in boxes of 12? But hold the coffee - down here you've got to get your caffeine sweet and cold, not hot and bitter - a litre (some sort of foreign measurement, as near as I can tell) or two of Pepsi, RC cola or Co' Cola. Now you're gettin' revved!

And some flapjacks would go good with all that - with some good 100% Maple syrup, just so long as you cover that with honey to sweeten it up a bit... LOL!!!

Honestly, my dear ol' dad would put honey on his biscuits, then put sugar on the honey, because it just wasn't sweet enough otherwise. Ate bacon like there was no tomorrow. Smoked unfiltered Camels, drank distilled liquor, worked every day, swore like a sailor, fathered children right up to near the end of his life, never exercised a lick, and lived to be 72 - ????, what am I doing wrong? If I did this right I should have at least another 20 years of hell raising in front of me! Now gimme a cigar and where's that saw, got to get the chips a'flyin'.

John, Did it hurt when you fell down and bumped you head??
hear is a real saw Over look the dirt just got in.

john + husky=stihl

john i thought you was a stihl man. i need some good help down here in texas. i got 1000 osage trees to cut. i like to see that husky cut some real hard wood.:)

youre not supposed to cut osage orange with your saw - lol - it makes it dirty - diesel works better. lol - osage orange - husqvarna=orange - both kick butt in their respective fields

PS man cant afford to be stihl these days - life will just blowby you -:D

Hi Joe Marty, I'll make you a bet, I would like to come to Texas and I will tender that I can dump 750 of them with my 357WXPG, before you and 2 other dudes can fight thru 250 of them. Oh, I get it now, is this like Tom Sawyer whitewashing the fence?
However, we will have to clear it with the U.S. Labour Board or they will throw me in jail. " Hell, Im not workin' Uncle Sam, Im havin' fun!"
John

i think that 357wxpg would run out of juice with that osage - nevermind...you have arts (and hopefully soon walts) chain and your motor wont slow you down.... hate to admit it but the real hardwood is homeground for low revving motors - stihl makes most of them:rolleyes: but greffard promised me that i would outcut you anyday with the new 372gfxp..with a 050 bicycle chain.:D

i will sended you a plane ticket, if you dare, is good.
:jester: we will see how long you last cutting hardwood, not that soft pulp wood.

joemarty a hardwoody man, not soft and easy.

Hi Joemarty, you have a deal, but you better be prepared to lose, because even before my first Osage hits the ground, I'll have my saw into the next one, while you are franticaly trying to unpinch yourself and pushing on the tree or trying to get down a hang up, so we shouldn't work closer than 2 tree lengths apart. Hardness of wood is of little consequence while production falling or blocking fuelwood since wood is wood and metal is metal. We have Ironwood, Hawthorn and Black Locust here and you cant get much harder then that, but you always hear the stories about how the sparks fly when cutting this wood, but the guy is just leaning on to the saw with a dull chain into the ground.
Check out my videos at www.yukonjohn.ca and tell me what you think. I like Texas and have been to Austin, Buda and Driftwood.
I think the hardest thing on a chain is the bark, regardless of species. I could probably dump those 1000 pecker poles in two 4 hr. days or less with a 16" bar and a round ground chisel chain mounted on a Walkerized 357XPG.
No Wood Too Hard

osage trees need help.....

heres my story jonh. A freak accident happen this year in Texas.
this happen at a camp fire boys and girls camp ground. this a place you send your kids for camp . During a camp out, a instutor was giving a class to campers under a female osage tree. they produce huge green balls that weight from 1/2 pound to 1 pound plus. one horesapple as we call them here fell on a eihgt year old boy, and saddly killed him. So the powers to be meaning insurance companys said we will not insure this camps with this trees in comman areas. or standing dead trees. So the Texas parks and wild life said this trees must go. Thats where i come in.
A lady who heard about me and my osage bow building call me up. IF i would be intrested in cutting these trees down. I said whats the trems? I get all the lumber i want. OK sounds good but, dose that mean tops remove brush etc. She said no, I said great cut down trees take logs. Help out or our kids camps could be closed. There is some black walnut, oak, peacon. these camps are all over Texas so i will be busy on my off times. If you and some of your logging bodys would like a break from the winter let me know. I dont know for sure if the air is right here for a husky to run with a stihl:p :p

Are you serious? I can't imagine that.

We sometimes call em Mock Orange. You must grow them bigger down there. I guess its true about Texas.

Harley

sad put true

yes mock orange is the same. Its a sad story for the boys folks.
And the other children that saw the hole thimg. I just hope they all can get through it, and still injoy the great outdoors.

Back