I know nothing about Farmertec/Holzfforma saws. But their tools are junk, IMHO.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

2StrokeFondler

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought the case splitter, and the crank seal puller.
The splitter shat itself on the second half of a 630.
The puller on the second seal of a 032.
Back to OEM. Very happy with it.

Attachments

• IMG_20220221_133014.jpg
    IMG_20220221_133014.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20220221_133032.jpg
    IMG_20220221_133032.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20220507_161318.jpg
    IMG_20220507_161318.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 1
I have 2 of their tools a threaded Stihl flywheel puller(the double ended one) and a t handle t27 that I haven’t had an issue with. When it comes to certain tools I’d rather build them myself most of the time and when I needed the Stihl flywheel puller I was actually going to have one machined bc I needed it sooner then the shipping was taking but it showed up eventually.

Exactly. I can't get that guys that buy Chinese junk and then are shocked that it is indeed junk when they get it.
The biggest thing is when it comes to tools now a days even the “high end” brands like snap on are made overseas. why would I pay more for a wrench from them when I can go to Canadian tire and get a mastercraft wrench with a lifetime warranty that’s probably made in the same factory.

Most of the bigger brands of tools are now owned by one company now don’t believe me google it.

Price is a better indication of quality than country of origin.
Poor quality stuff is made in China but also a lot of great quality products, e.g. Tesla cars, Apple phones. Milwaukee Tools.
I hear you…but no Chinese thinking went into those products….American companies basically moved their plants, tools and key people over tnere and just dumped the American worker….and to escape democrats draconian anti-business environmental regulations…

we shouldn’t have to live like this, and stopping it starts with us.

75% of the tools I buy are vintage and my reasoning is it’s better quality and was built to last and or be repaired and lot of it I can still get parts for or make parts for. But the tools that are likely to break(wrenches sockets ect) I buy from Canadian tire bc even though I own vintage tools made here in North America why break something vintage taking off a driveshaft. People really kill me when it comes to angle grinders I buy the cheapest ones I can because they suck in their own dust and have had better ones last just as long as cheap ones.
When it came to auto body tools my DA sander was the best I could afford and my sanding blocks were too this is a buy once cry once thing that I made money with.
If I were in the market for a crankcase splitter or a bearing puller I’d most likely just make it I own 3 welders and can fabricobble anything I need.

The biggest thing is when it comes to tools now a days even the “high end” brands like snap on are made overseas. why would I pay more for a wrench from them when I can go to Canadian tire and get a mastercraft wrench with a lifetime warranty that’s probably made in the same factory.

Most of the bigger brands of tools are now owned by one company now don’t believe me google it.
Most all of Snap ons hand tools are made in the US. The electronic tools are not.

I bought the case splitter, and the crank seal puller.
The splitter shat itself on the second half of a 630.
The puller on the second seal of a 032.
Back to OEM. Very happy with it.
Some is trash and some is as good as anything, its a surprise game.
If you want quality control you spend the dollas on OEM, that said; a tool is only what "you" can make of it.

I stayed away from farmertec until I saw a 24 inch bar on Amazon for 35 bucks. Husky large mount laminated with the new and improved clear coat, I figured I’d give it a shot. Well… it’s a bar, problem is they never bothered to dress the rails after manufacturering. What could be an ok homeowner/firewood chainsaw product falls short because it’s not worth it for them to go the last step. When you can get an Oregon or even tsu Mura bar on sale for 45-50 bucks it’s really not worth it to me to try any of their other products.

Most everything made in Taiwan is very good. The sockets I have are very strong. I love Taiwan. My daughter moved there for 3 yrs. They were very good to her , honest and respectful. They are so honest there that she didnt even take the keyout of her moped and left the helmet on the seat. A helmet was stolen one time and they figured it had to eb a foreigner. They are hard working and they are very pro America .

Black and decker owns Mac tools now.

Stanley Black and Decker more or less has a monopoly on junk tools.
I've got lots of older Proto tools that are some of the best quality of its vintage. When Stanley bought them out it about made me sick. I don't buy Proto anymore.
As far as hand tools go I now stick with either Wright or Williams. Both have fantastic stuff in their respective areas. For instance a set of Williams combo wrenches, 1/4 up to 1-7/16. A die hard Snappy Guy I know couldn't tell the Williams apart from the Snap On set he owns. High chrome finish and round edges, not the rough cast looking finish that most have. The best part the Williams set was better than 1/3 less.
Wright also has some fantastic stuff if you know where to look.

I'm not too proud to admit that I've messed around with some Farmertec stuff before. One of my most favorite saws is actually running a Farmetec top end. The ports and combustion chamber are ugly as sin on the Farmertec stuff, but nothing I can't clean up with a dremel and my lathe.

I also bought a bunch of the cheap Farmertec tuning screwdrivers. I put them in my shirt pocket when out cutting with a non m-tronic saw and use them for little on-the-fly adjustments. They cost $0.35, so I don't cry when I lose one.

That being said, I'm trying to buy less Chinese stuff. IMO, between them and Russia, they're the evil empires of today's world. It's tough, as just about everything is made in China. As already said, the country of manufacturer means nothing nowadays...they all build them to a price point. Even my Grizzly 12x36 lathe is made in Tiawan. It's just up-specced with nicer parts and features than some of the other lathes.

The flippy caps I bought are junk.

Buying a quality part made from a reputable manufacturer from other corners of the globe is completely different than buying deliberately made junk. If the website has a name you can't pronounce its probably best to look elsewhere. If the page or website reads like it was pushed through a half assed Google translator, it's probably best to look elsewhere. If the part costs half of a known reputable part (here's looking at you, Farmetec!) It's probably best to look elsewhere. You can't buy the cheapest product on the market and expect it to perform like anything less.
Plant corn, get corn.

I'm not too proud to admit that I've messed around with some Farmertec stuff before. One of my most favorite saws is actually running a Farmetec top end. The ports and combustion chamber are ugly as sin on the Farmertec stuff, but nothing I can't clean up with a dremel and my lathe.

I also bought a bunch of the cheap Farmertec tuning screwdrivers. I put them in my shirt pocket when out cutting with a non m-tronic saw and use them for little on-the-fly adjustments. They cost $0.35, so I don't cry when I lose one.

That being said, I'm trying to buy less Chinese stuff. IMO, between them and Russia, they're the evil empires of today's world. It's tough, as just about everything is made in China. As already said, the country of manufacturer means nothing nowadays...they all build them to a price point. Even my Grizzly 12x36 lathe is made in Tiawan. It's just up-specced with nicer parts and features than some of the other lathes.
What did Russia do wrong? Just curious….

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back