I need great watermelon

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Come on down to SW Louisiana pops. Black Diamond, Sugar Town-"said to be the sweetest of the sweet"" as well as several other varieties. Even the orange meat melons are more like I remember back in the 50's. Several peddlers set up roadside thru our season. Most don't mind sampling them either.
Right now we are still suffering with the South America imports, but won't be long.

For a long time all we got was crap for watermelon . This seedless tasteless thing needs to end then cut it up put in Tupperware what a joke . I want seeds full of falvor on the rind . I want about a 2 inch thick piece full slab with salt and spoon and seeds like it was years ago . After a hot ass day at work There are people that needs this . Were not so lazy we can't spit some seeds
you need a shrink evaluation...…….

My customers always liked this trick when I showed them. A straw from a corn broom works best.

Came to post this, but you beat me to it. I haven't even watched the video but I know how to do it. Lay the straw down crossways across the melon, if it rotates to the stem, that melon is perfect.

we had some last nite with dinner....
P1010006.JPG
P1010007.JPG

Latest posts

Back