I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The guy that got the two Disstons kept getting junk and brining it back to the one pile. I could never catch him. I snapped this pic. One time I came back and the pile was gone. The one crazy thing, you could tell he knew nothing about saws. he left the two locking collars that tighten up the transmissions. I got them for free at the end of the day.
8xHQN1Z.jpg

Hey old buddy! How's Doug doing? Last year I had an auction I was going to go to, to bid on a John Deere 322 and a JD 445. My wife had just had surgery and I had to get her up and settled before I could leave. My cousin called me and said there were two Disston DA211's there and they were getting ready to start. I called him back and told him to bid up to $100 each for them. He said he thought I was there already, and they may have sold? I heard him ask the clerk if they had sold yet. She said they didn't get a bid on them, and a scrapper got them for $1 each.
Doug is doing great ! Got some oem stickers for the recoil starter cover and did a couple of stump jobs with me.
Man thats awful about the auction, but not a unheard of story though sadly.
I have been working on fixing up the rest of my Homelite fleet though, mostly seals and carb kits. I want to check out the 82cc line up though to compare them to the McCullochs. So far I'm getting into a VI944 ,just waiting for some small parts.

Doug is doing great ! Got some oem stickers for the recoil starter cover and did a couple of stump jobs with me.
Man thats awful about the auction, but not a unheard of story though sadly.
I have been working on fixing up the rest of my Homelite fleet though, mostly seals and carb kits. I want to check out the 82cc line up though to compare them to the McCullochs. So far I'm getting into a VI944 ,just waiting for some small parts.
I've been thinking about getting back just to my Homelites, my garage is full, my shed is almost full, I've been taking the big saws that I never plan to work on to my hunting camp in WV. I've got a dozen or so big ones I was thinking about selling. I picked up my near mint Poulan Super 68 with a 31" bar, and new 1/2 inch chain that runs great. But, when I pick it up, I just can't let it go, it's too dang nice. I have a really hard time trying to keep ten of the old ones running, plus all of my Stihl daily drivers.
scejAEd.jpg

Next best thing to a Super 1050.
Sweet saw! I was watching that one.. Some of my 80cc+ remingtons I bought felt that way. I only did a half pull just to see if it was seized up then as guys suggested to me spray some fogging oil in there. I learned one thing. Don't buy any remimgtons under 50cc unless a video is attached and it's running, I got 2 junkers and lost about 75$ after parting then back out on ebay. Luckily those mistakes are out of my workshop. But the saw looks barely used and that's always a good sign. Good luck on your beast of a saw! I hope to join the 100cc club one day.

I've been thinking about getting back just to my Homelites, my garage is full, my shed is almost full, I've been taking the big saws that I never plan to work on to my hunting camp in WV. I've got a dozen or so big ones I was thinking about selling. I picked up my near mint Poulan Super 68 with a 31" bar, and new 1/2 inch chain that runs great. But, when I pick it up, I just can't let it go, it's too dang nice. I have a really hard time trying to keep ten of the old ones running, plus all of my Stihl daily drivers.
scejAEd.jpg
Any remingtons your looking to get rid of?

Sweet saw! I was watching that one.. Some of my 80cc+ remingtons I bought felt that way. I only did a half pull just to see if it was seized up then as guys suggested to me spray some fogging oil in there. I learned one thing. Don't buy any remimgtons under 50cc unless a video is attached and it's running, I got 2 junkers and lost about 75$ after parting then back out on ebay. Luckily those mistakes are out of my workshop. But the saw looks barely used and that's always a good sign. Good luck on your beast of a saw! I hope to join the 100cc club one day.
I see quite a few Remingtons at farm auctions. Some are the real old ones. Now and then see the ones that look like Homelites. I'll try and keep you up on any I find. I have two other guys that I watch for Remingtons. But, they both want big rare ones. Send me a PM so I don't forget you're looking. I think the last one I saw was a Super 75, but they had 3 auctioneers going and I had other stuff to watch.

eBay aggravation - maybe someone has an idea?

This happened a couple of times in the last few weeks. Bought some (non-chainsaw) items ‘buy it now’ (not bid auctions). Paid right away.

Two days later, one seller cancels the order: ‘item not available’ (single item listed, not an out of stock situation). His feedback suggests this is a common situation.

Other seller states, ‘most items ship the day order received’. After 2 weeks (!) with no shipping confirmation I contacted them. They canceled the order saying the item actually sold just before my order came in, and somehow they did not notice it (?), although, they billed my credit card, and did not let me know for 2 weeks.

Both sellers promised refunds, but, because ’they’ cancelled the orders I can’t leave any feedback (?). I have heard sellers here complain about buyer feedback ratings. Any ideas how to let others beware?

Thanks

Philbert

Back