I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
eBay aggravation - maybe someone has an idea?

Both sellers promised refunds, but, because ’they’ cancelled the orders I can’t leave any feedback (?). I have heard sellers here complain about buyer feedback ratings. Any ideas how to let others beware?

Thanks

Philbert
I submitted a negative review on a seller that delivered an item (vacuum cleaner hose) that was nothing like the description.
The review never posted,,
emails to eBay,, I assume, were ignored,,

So, I guess eBay is pretty much,, "Buyer Beware,, Expect The WORST!"

This happened a couple of times in the last few weeks. Bought some (non-chainsaw) items ‘buy it now’ (not bid auctions). Paid right away.

Two days later, one seller cancels the order: ‘item not available’ (single item listed, not an out of stock situation). His feedback suggests this is a common situation.

Other seller states, ‘most items ship the day order received’. After 2 weeks (!) with no shipping confirmation I contacted them. They canceled the order saying the item actually sold just before my order came in, and somehow they did not notice it (?), although, they billed my credit card, and did not let me know for 2 weeks.

Both sellers promised refunds, but, because ’they’ cancelled the orders I can’t leave any feedback (?). I have heard sellers here complain about buyer feedback ratings. Any ideas how to let others beware?

Thanks

Philbert
What I usually do is write their name down and don't buy from them again. Also, if you look around on ebay's website you'll see several forums where you can let others know about your experience. I don't even consider selling on ebay since encountering several scammers posing as buyers there...

This happened a couple of times in the last few weeks. Bought some (non-chainsaw) items ‘buy it now’ (not bid auctions). Paid right away.

Two days later, one seller cancels the order: ‘item not available’ (single item listed, not an out of stock situation). His feedback suggests this is a common situation.

Other seller states, ‘most items ship the day order received’. After 2 weeks (!) with no shipping confirmation I contacted them. They canceled the order saying the item actually sold just before my order came in, and somehow they did not notice it (?), although, they billed my credit card, and did not let me know for 2 weeks.

Thanks

Philbert

Success!

Screen shot 2022-02-19 at 2.11.03 PM.png

Somehow (?), while following up on a very positive eBay transaction (most of mine are), I 'tripped' upon this menu and was able to leave feedback on both of those cancelled orders / sellers. Was not through the 'Purchases' tab, but somewhere via a 'Leave Feedback' rabbit hole.

Philbert

Success!

View attachment 966416

Somehow (?), while following up on a very positive eBay transaction (most of mine are), I 'tripped' upon this menu and was able to leave feedback on both of those cancelled orders / sellers. Was not through the 'Purchases' tab, but somewhere via a 'Leave Feedback' rabbit hole.

Philbert
NOW,, put a note on your phone calendar,,
Go back in a week or two, and see if you can find the feedback.
I left negative feedback about a year ago,, it never posted on the sellers site,, or item.

eBay is like Amazon Prime,, they only want positive reviews,,
Amazon,, on their movies,, EVERY movie had 4.5 out of 5 stars,, the rating is useless.

Also, if you look around on ebay's website you'll see several forums where you can let others know about your experience.

If I knew about that I’d have used it in the past, I’ve had a couple sellers whose items didn’t remotely match what I was supposed to be getting. They both posted, and both were upset with me and tried to get me to reverse it. Um, nope. One was a huge setback for me.

NOW,, put a note on your phone calendar,,
Go back in a week or two, and see if you can find the feedback.
I left negative feedback about a year ago,, it never posted on the sellers site,, or item.

eBay is like Amazon Prime,, they only want positive reviews,,
Amazon,, on their movies,, EVERY movie had 4.5 out of 5 stars,, the rating is useless.
My negative review and comments are still up, more than a month later.

Philbert

Back