I Strimmed into a Wasps Nest

lone wolf

lone wolf

MS 200T King
Blue Oaks

Blue Oaks

Addicted to ArboristSite
A flamethrower would be awesome.

Agreed. I was cutting up an old chicken coupe that had been down for a couple of years when I got stung and swarmed a little. Turns out there was a carpenter bee hive in the pile of wood, and I was cutting it up with my chainsaw about 2 feet away. That night I killed them with fire, but a flamethrower would have made it even more satisfying. Carpenter bees are useless.

GeorgiaVol

GeorgiaVol

Addicted to ArboristSite
Agreed. I was cutting up an old chicken coupe that had been down for a couple of years when I got stung and swarmed a little. Turns out there was a carpenter bee hive in the pile of wood, and I was cutting it up with my chainsaw about 2 feet away. That night I killed them with fire, but a flamethrower would have made it even more satisfying. Carpenter bees are useless.
Don't know why they are called carpenter bees. All they do is destroy stuff.

TheDarkLordChinChin

TheDarkLordChinChin

Der Teufel der lacht nur dazu! HA HA HA HA HA!
We have another species of wasps that nest in the ground. They are smaller but apparently more dangerous. I put the lawn mower across their nest once and they didn't seem too fussed. I burned them out with petrol too.

TheBrushSlasher

TheBrushSlasher

I have chainsaws and chainsaw accessories.
when-in-doubt-kill-it-with-fire.jpg

holeycow

holeycow

Dirt, Air, Water, Sun; Seeds.
Bees go into their nest for the night. You can get them late, just before dark, or early.

put on coveralls (loose ones), gloves, boots. Tape up the cuffs. Put on a hat (like something with suspension, like a hardhat or so) and some window screen. Eliminate all the holes. Spray any grease or anything soapy and sticky into the nest's entrance, knock it into a sturdy bag and then stomp it to death. Done. You just killed ALL of the varmints.