ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Traverse Creek Inc
Gold Clip Capital

I Strimmed into a Wasps Nest

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
know all about wasps n hornets! ugh. have had in ground. came across a handful in out buildings up on ranch last week. got stung by one! not pleasant at all. hand swelled up pretty good. was like a hot poker and fire explosion at contact point. index finger area, L hand... pure fire, instantly! i survived the one hit, not sure about multiple. and worked for a few hrs less than a foot away from one nest. never saw them. then i did.... :surprised3: !!
P1010047.JPG P1010048.JPG P1010049.JPG P1010050.JPG
this one at bunk house where i was stacking firewood....later on i relocated.
P1010103.JPG

esshup

esshup

Addicted to ArboristSite
Those look like Yellow Jackets. I hate the damn things. Got nailed on the cheekbone when I was a little kid and have hated them ever since.

Got nailed 2x today while mowing the grass/weeds by the pond. Don't know what it was, thinking it is bees, doesn't hurt like a Yellow Jacket or a Hornet. I will spray the area tomorrow with Diquat and that will turn everything brown within a few hours. Then Wed night I will burn the area.

derwoodii

derwoodii

Tree Freak
i deal with wasps a lot with carbly or pyrethrum dust or a can of long range bug spray works ok safe in my bee suit
one of my fav is can of engine degreasers spray cheap but spits a nice stream 10 feet that you can set light to be great little flame thrower down the hole onto the nest

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Those look like Yellow Jackets. I hate the damn things. Got nailed on the cheekbone when I was a little kid and have hated them ever since.

Got nailed 2x today while mowing the grass/weeds by the pond. Don't know what it was, thinking it is bees, doesn't hurt like a Yellow Jacket or a Hornet. I will spray the area tomorrow with Diquat and that will turn everything brown within a few hours. Then Wed night I will burn the area.
you prob are right! wasps, yellow jackets... even some mud dobbers... imo STAY CLEAR! i got hit, too! index finger, L hand. Bam! it was like an instant explosion of fire. 3 days later had a pretty good swollen hand. settled down couple days later. would not like to be stung all over! little bugs, big dangers!! 2x, yikes!

fyi - beware of me!

1627919707023.png

OM617YOTA

OM617YOTA

Addicted to ArboristSite
Just ran into several nests, taking down an old awning and fluorescent light left up by the previous owners of my house. I was amazed at how small of an opening they were able to fit through, to build a nest inside that fixture. Saw them coming out, poked a straw from a can of carb cleaner in, gave them a good shot of it, all done.

TheDarkLordChinChin

TheDarkLordChinChin

Der Teufel der lacht nur dazu! HA HA HA HA HA!
I killed every last one of the cunst tonight.
I decided to wait until 11PM then went into the shed and fed them two full cans of raid spray.
Constant stream of poison into the entrance of the nest.
I heard them going berserk inside then after a couple of minutes they started to "drip" out, writhing around in an orgy of death on the floor underneath.
Every. Single. One.
I feel like a war criminal...the good kind.

DSCF4015.JPG DSCF4016.JPG DSCF4017.JPG DSCF4018.JPG DSCF4019.JPG DSCF4020.JPG DSCF4021.JPG

East sh1t you stripy little bastards!
I will massacre the outside nest one of the coming days.

esshup

esshup

Addicted to ArboristSite
I killed every last one of the cunst tonight.
I decided to wait until 11PM then went into the shed and fed them two full cans of raid spray.
Constant stream of poison into the entrance of the nest.
I heard them going berserk inside then after a couple of minutes they started to "drip" out, writhing around in an orgy of death on the floor underneath.
Every. Single. One.
I feel like a war criminal...the good kind.

View attachment 921873 View attachment 921874 View attachment 921875 View attachment 921876 View attachment 921877 View attachment 921879 View attachment 921880

East sh1t you stripy little bastards!
I will massacre the outside nest one of the coming days.
yep, those are Yellow Jackets. Watch that area in a week or so. The pupae that were starting to turn into adults may hatch and re-colonize the area. I had them going in the eave of the house and they made a nest in the cinderblock wall. Took over a month to get them all killed.

TheDarkLordChinChin

TheDarkLordChinChin

Der Teufel der lacht nur dazu! HA HA HA HA HA!
yep, those are Yellow Jackets. Watch that area in a week or so. The pupae that were starting to turn into adults may hatch and re-colonize the area. I had them going in the eave of the house and they made a nest in the cinderblock wall. Took over a month to get them all killed.
I removed the nest this morning, one or two still alive but very slow and drowsy.
I then dunked the whole thing in water after dismantling it.