I think I just obsoleted the 024 I'm in the middle of working on.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flatsfisher

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw the ad for this 15 minutes after it was posted. in the next town 30 minutes away. great price. I didn't know until I got there that it was a widow selling off her husband's things. never run into that before and it was uncomfortable. poor woman. I sometimes like to negotiate but not this time. she said he bought it new a year ago and cut down 1 tree with it.
PXL_20221124_202404681.jpgPXL_20221124_202225379.jpgPXL_20221124_202252648.jpg

when I was looking it over she was getting kind of nervous and said she didn't really know what it was worth. she asked me for an offer and I told her it was a fair price. she would have sold it for 400 but not this time. she also had a really nicely made and almost new Oregon chain grinder. she said it cost 800 new and wanted 400 for it. didn't know they even made them that expensive.

Nice saw, and 450 was a fine deal both ways.
Thank you for NOT being the guy that takes advantage of a widow. 👍
I have to legal use for guys that pull that garbage on innocent people.....

I was at a widow's garage sale once, right at opening time....she had lots of snap on tools and that kind of stuff...
I told them their prices were way too low....(like $2.00 for something that was worth a fast easy $500 on ebay) I wouldn't buy anything until they fixed the price.
They upped the price on stuff, then I started shopping.... there's just no fun in a "steal of a deal" when an innocent person doesn't have a clue what things are worth.

when I was looking it over she was getting kind of nervous and said she didn't really know what it was worth. she asked me for an offer and I told her it was a fair price. she would have sold it for 400 but not this time. she also had a really nicely made and almost new Oregon chain grinder. she said it cost 800 new and wanted 400 for it. didn't know they even made them that expensive.
I have never known any Oregon grinder to cost $800. Heck even $400 is right at new price.

Nice saw, and 450 was a fine deal both ways.
Thank you for NOT being the guy that takes advantage of a widow. 👍
I have to legal use for guys that pull that garbage on innocent people.....

I was at a widow's garage sale once, right at opening time....she had lots of snap on tools and that kind of stuff...
I told them their prices were way too low....(like $2.00 for something that was worth a fast easy $500 on ebay) I wouldn't buy anything until they fixed the price.
They upped the price on stuff, then I started shopping.... there's just no fun in a "steal of a deal" when an innocent person doesn't have a clue what things are worth.
Sadly this happens all too often. I inadvertently did this with my one generator. Guy brought it into the shop saying it didn't run. Long story short I ended up bying it off of him for covering the shop bill and $200.00 in cash. Then he told me he had bought at a garage sale of a widow, for $100.00 since she couldn't get it to start. Said he tried then used either on it and it started to spin over real easy (yanmar diesel) so he gave her the $100.00 and figured it would be a cheap fix. Wouldn't tell me where he got it from. Always felt a little guilty about it.

Back