I was wondering about the forces on a saddle bridge when attached by two separate rings...?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zebco Kid

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello.

I have a swivel ring on my bridge. I was going to put the original steel ring back on, as well, for when I want to clip in with the other end of my rope (DRT). I have been reading a bit of conversations and watching videos on the forces at play on redirects. As I thought about the two connection points on the bridge, I was wondering of there's more force there than I realize?

Perhaps a silly thought, but what else is there to do while climbing trees. Won't be the last!

ZK

I tie into two bridges, even with one system, just an extra failsafe

with two systems, each one is on a separate bridge 9 times outta 10, works amazing, and doesnt have any weird loading going on

Funny. But I'm out there recreating. No work! And...trust me...my head is in the climb...and there lay the question.

Cheers.

Are you up there second guessing webbing strength, saddle rivet conditions, was your biner a knockoff from China, is there a defect in your rope, does the tree you are in have a good root system, how proven are your knots, etc.?

You should be doing this kind of question when you are on the ground and not be distracted by it in the tree.

Are you up there second guessing webbing strength, saddle rivet conditions, was your biner a knockoff from China, is there a defect in your rope, does the tree you are in have a good root system, how proven are your knots, etc.?

You should be doing this kind of question when you are on the ground and not be distracted by it in the tree.
Thank you, Del. It was a mere curiosity. And, "...but what else is there to do while climbing trees." was said in jest. Your advice is understood, accepted, and practiced. Thank you for taking the time to reply.

It's all about triangles, let me see if I can find a decent website explaining the basic idea. It's a simple concept that is deceptively hard to explain well

Latest posts

Back