IBC Totes -- Firewood system upgrade!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a small billboard tarp and they are tough. got it second hand and it's still going strong.
$30 for a tote is pretty cheap.

Make a rack, like a wood rack to put firewood on, and set the totes on it side by side. put a corrugated metal on back and ends. Hinged steel roof like a dumpster. Lots of options.

I have a small billboard tarp and they are tough. got it second hand and it's still going strong.
$30 for a tote is pretty cheap.

Make a rack, like a wood rack to put firewood on, and set the totes on it side by side. put a corrugated metal on back and ends. Hinged steel roof like a dumpster. Lots of options.
I saw a used-billboard vinyl site online, lots of options, lots of weights of the stuff.
Any idea how thick your tarp is?
One possibility I saw was a 10x47' 20 mil piece; 10 would go up and over a single tote completely, and 47' would cover quite a few (though I'd expect to cut it into smaller lengths)

I saw a used-billboard vinyl site online, lots of options, lots of weights of the stuff.
Any idea how thick your tarp is?
One possibility I saw was a 10x47' 20 mil piece; 10 would go up and over a single tote completely, and 47' would cover quite a few (though I'd expect to cut it into smaller lengths)
Sorry it was second hand so no idea.

Is this because the 16" splits fit into the tote well vertically if you are facing the wider side? I see people doing all kinds of stuff. You know like two rows with a gap in the middle that has more wood or odd pieces in it.

The 275 gallon tote is about 1/3 cord by volume. You can put the wood in any way you want and it's still 1/3 of a cord by volume. What I referred to is that a face cord of 16" splits is also 1/3 of a cord by volume.

But yea, with 16" splits stacked across the wide way there's a narrow gap that I use for funny shaped pieces and for slop when I'm less than accurate in my round length.

Back