Identify old McCulloch

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

job.ggy

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi guys! Job here from the Philippines! I need help on identifying this old McCulloch chainsaw I got. There's no identifying marks on it. I'm having trouble starting it as well.

Thanks guys.

Attachments

• received_767555263789046.jpeg
    received_767555263789046.jpeg
    66.2 KB · Views: 29
  • messaging_get_attachment.jpeg
    messaging_get_attachment.jpeg
    96 KB · Views: 29
  • received_764958427500128.jpeg
    received_764958427500128.jpeg
    71.5 KB · Views: 28
Hi there welcome to the site.

That's a gear drive 10 series you got there i can't tell if it's a 70cc or smaller. It's cool either way.

I hope you have something to cut with it. My Filipino workmates tell me chainsaws are more or less illegal over there.

Check for spark first n see what ya got

Hi there welcome to the site.

That's a gear drive 10 series you got there i can't tell if it's a 70cc or smaller. It's cool either way.
I hope you have something to cut with it. My Filipino workmates tell me chainsaws are more or less illegal over there.

Check for spark first n see what ya got
Thanks for the warm welcome!

Chainsaws require legal papers to own one. This involves a lot of paper work and renewal of certificates so as not to get confiscated by authorities.

I do intend to get papers done on this if I get her fixed up. There's spark which is a good thing. However, I'm having difficulty starting it. I even tried putting gas on carb throat. I noticed some oil was leaking out from the cylinder so I suspect a gasket replacement will also be needed. I just need to find the specific model so I can check for parts.

I've done some research and the closest I got so far is a 5-10 model based on the right hand start and the bar mounts.

Hey guys!

I posted this on a Facebook group and one of the members mentioned that it is a Super LG-2. Turns out to be the correct model.

Now I am hoping that some members here have any leads for parts of this saw that they are willing to sell? or even donate?

Hi guys! Job here from the Philippines! I need help on identifying this old McCulloch chainsaw I got. There's no identifying marks on it. I'm having trouble starting it as well.

Thanks guys.
Hey I just had a similar situation with my 1-70 but if you turn it upside down it probably doest look like there's anything there but if you clean it real good it should expose some markings

Hey guys, wondering if anyone can try a shot at identifying this one. My guess is a 1-53 but I'm not all that sure, I need to order a new crank seal and don't want to mess the part order. Spark is a Champ J-8J, crankcase bottom is C5711 and carb is a HL 63D. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0389.JPG
    IMG_0389.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0390.JPG
    IMG_0390.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0391.JPG
    IMG_0391.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0393.JPG
    IMG_0393.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0402.JPG
    IMG_0402.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
1-53 is a good guess, there should be a stamp on the bottom that will tell you for sure, though. Look on the crankcase bottom on the opposite side of the rib that the C5711 stamp is on and there should be a different stamp there. That one will be the model #.

Latest posts

Back