I'm looking for a Chipper,Chip truck, Boom truck

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Topless Tree

Reaction score
I can't seem to find a chipper 9" 50hp for a reasonable price Vermeer sells them for 21,000 thats more then my truck
Please Help

From experiance I recomend that you go with a 12 inch deisel. They can handle the wide crotch anlges better, even if you are splitting everything over nine inches. I've used a wide range and anything under 12in you have to work too hard to get it to work well. and your talking only 8 or nine grand more. It will effect the Mhrs enough to make it worth while.

The deilsel because the are less prone to lugging and stalling. Better power at lower rpm. I tried the 85hp 13in morbark, oo la la.

It's nice to be at a rich golf course! I'll gloat to yall in Nov. as to what I buy. (chipper, lift, splitter....)

I see you are from Colorado. You might want to look at Morbark in your area also. That Vermeer is somewhat overpriced. Vermeer hasnt had competition in Colorado in years and in other states that chipper doesnt sell for that. Go see Paul over at Southside Total Power. 303-789-4339. I was talking to him the other day and he might know a few guys with used boom trucks also. All the major tree companies seem to go there for all there needs. If you have any problems I can see what else I can come up with in your area. Many of my friends are in your area that might be able too help. Dont buy a Vermeer because thats what many people have in your area. Demo them both and then choose.

Back