Im looking for info about old chain saw i got from barn find

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J leslie

Reaction score
Hi new to this site. So Im looking for info (and how much they sell for running) on the mcculloch super 55. Or super 55a chainsaw i got in a trade for fixing a roof. i dont know much about chainsaws but was able to get it running missing a few plugs on gas tank so can only put so much in for now. It runs decent though and looks like it has a 36in bar. Oh and i just got that chainsaw today and came across this site(have to clean more to find serial numbers but couldn't find any for sell for much info about it. Thanks in advance for any info it's much appreciated. Pictures attached are when I first got it so still real dirty.

Attachments

• 20210916_204628.jpg
    20210916_204628.jpg
    791.4 KB · Views: 46
  • 20210916_204636.jpg
    20210916_204636.jpg
    772.9 KB · Views: 46
Mainly trying to figure out if worth spending time to clean it to sell or just keep for myself but bar is huge for what i need it for so might turning it into another go kart for my kids if not worth much and isn't a decent saw (just assuming it might not be best since cant find info on it)

It reminds me of the saw Paul Newman used in the movie when he tried to save his buddy from drowning underneath a big log. Truly a fabulous scene, but he could not save him. The realism was incredible. I saw the movie shortly after it was released.

It reminds me of the saw Paul Newman used in the movie when he tried to save his buddy from drowning underneath a big log. Truly a fabulous scene, but he could not save him. The realism was incredible. I saw the movie shortly after it was released.
Good movie, found it on vhs and digitized it. I believe the saw was an SP125c.

Back