Inside the Husqvarna 450 x torq

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Randy, as a fellow sufferer of 'Tim Allen Disease', you may want to subscribe to that strato thread. I've been doing some research and experimenting on Pop Off Pressures (POP) on diaphragm carbs. Here's a link for a thread in 2008 - http://www.arboristsite.com/arborist-101/67662.htm

I'm trying to develop some practical theories on tuning the POPs on these saw carbs. There is some information on the kart and aero forums, but not much on troubleshooting to get better performance. Since my saw has a broad powerband, I'm trying to get a better metering of fuel over that broad range. I've had some success so far, so I think I'm on the right track.

I'll post the results of my experiments in that strato thread.

Tim Allen Disease huh??? I love it!!! I'll be keeping up with the thread my friend!

But...there is a very practical solution to get him happy and back cutting, with a sharp chain he can keep sharp. He is a prime candidate for that new oregon powersharp whatever the heck it is called system. Sounds perfect for him. Sell him on one of those. (if they have a model/bar and chain for that saw, that is)

Only as a last resort if it is impossible to teach him how to sharpen - and I don't think the system comes in .325?

Yup - I believe it is very good for a "homeowner" design! :D

I agree, I have run one of these at work (storm cleanup) and I think it is a very good saw for the homeowner or casual firewood cutter. Great general use saw. Lots of convenience features in a lightweight saw: decomp, primer bulb, side chain adjust, single bar nut (some like this, myself included because of 3 studs), quick release top cover and air filter, auto return stop switch, metal clutch cover, and last summer they came with a free soft case and hat.....................pretty nice package for the homeowner.

Last edited:
Back