Inside the Husqvarna 543xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mweba

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Well gentlemen, I have one here. Been running her all week to get a feel for the saw. First off, do not pick up a demo saw, or any 543 with less than seven tanks if you want the real story. This saw was the most disappointing pro saw of any manufacturer I had ever run. That couldn't be the end of the story so I talked with a couple others that have run the saw. I was encouraged to get some time on it......and the saw will come to life. Well, ten to twelve tanks later, they were right. The 543 has become a totally different saw. Is it worth the 499 msrp? Jury is still out.

All rubber AV mounts.
543xp by mweba1, on Flickr

Air filter cover has one finger screw.

Outboard clutch. Rim drive and adjustable oiler.

Oiler with the cover off. It is completely sealed off and the worm gear has a brass insert.

Recoil is spring assist and you can see the mating surface for air injection.

Air injection is in front of the rear AV.

Intake is split for the strato.

390 style carb limiters.

Split carb similar to the 372xt.

So if you were limbing canopies often, would you buy it or a T540xp (to have something lighter and more maneuverable than a MS261)?

Definitely out of the box its a turd. At 7 tanks through mine and it hasn't woken up yet. Burped and farted a few times, but thus far a $99 refurb wild thing is more impressive. I wont even mention what msrp is for this thing in Canada.

How is the spring assist on the recoil? I'm always worried about the life expectancy of those set ups

It is more substantial than most other spring assemblies but I stand with you, don't care for it nor believe it is necessary.

Wish they would have just saved the 3/4" and made it slimmer.

Definitely out of the box its a turd. At 7 tanks through mine and it hasn't woken up yet. Burped and farted a few times, but thus far a $99 refurb wild thing is more impressive. I wont even mention what msrp is for this thing in Canada.

Ten tanks and it is a totally different saw....at least mine was. Worth $200 more than a 440 meh..

Thanks for the pictures! So much of it is very familiar having taken apart several GZ4000s, but some of it is quite different. That offset exhaust is strange. And I'd rather have a separate air valve. And springs in the A/V. And the oil tank in the handle. Oh well.

Looks like a 241cm outclasses this by a long shot for the same money. I'm kinda disappointed cause I'm starting to like husky more and more...

Looks like a 241cm outclasses this by a long shot for the same money. I'm kinda disappointed cause I'm starting to like husky more and more...
Curious what in particular make you think so? I realize it does not have Autotune, but other than that what do you find inferior?

Latest posts

Back