Is HP (well, HP:weight) the prime, above-all-else consideration for top-handled saws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Butter cup, I just went back and re read the whole thread. I saw where you gave a brief explanation of the power differences in similarly rated saws. No mention of any new saws, no mention of any new innovations, or technology. So, what did you bring to the conversation? You did criticize several people for making statements like, "just get a bigger saw". It may be blunt and to the point, but it was a valid suggestion. I think my example of compression, porting, bigger carbs, and tuned exhaust is a better discription than just gearing. Which I at least gave you credit for. I don't see much difference between several guys that bring nothing to the table, and one guy that brings an empty plate, and complains about the others? In case I missed it, tell me please, what of value, do you have to share on the subject. No thorn in foot intended.

Back