Italmec spider lift

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aloha ArborCare. Thanks for the response. All Tree Service is my buddy, Terry Rodrigues. They are located on O'ahu. They make it over here occasionally but they are based in Waimanalo. The Big Island is over 200 miles away, accessible only by barge or air.

I'd love to see a 23GT, Italmec or other spider lift in person, but I am too far behind on work to go to the mainland. I would buy one today, if I knew it would be a reliable machine for Hawaii.

I am the only tree company in Hawaii with a spiderlift. There are only 3 in the entire state. A 15GT owned by the Royal Hawaiian Shopping Center and a 15GT and 23GT owned by me.

And your point is??? How is your Geckos going to do 50-75 ft. coconut palm trimming spikeless? I trim approx. 2500 palms a year at an average unit cost of $57 each. I think that justifies me owning 2 spider lifts, especially since the first one was already paid for more than 2 years ago.

If you are doing medium size takedowns for the cost of a set of Geckos, you are working cheap. We don't do many removals in Hawaii, most tree work here is pruning. I sell small pruning jobs like a single mango tree, 35 ft. high, 40 ft. canopy spread, with a 25-30% reduction for around $900. I do this on a regular basis, in fact, I have 5 of these jobs scheduled for November. Stump grinding a 3 ft. dia. stump, 6 inches high, and taking it down 8-10 inches below grade goes for around $350.

No hard feelings, we work in two completely different parts of the world, and people here pay a lot more for tree work.

And your point is??? How is your Geckos going to do 50-75 ft. coconut palm trimming spikeless? I trim approx. 2500 palms a year at an average unit cost of $57 each. I think that justifies me owning 2 spider lifts, especially since the first one was already paid for more than 2 years ago.

If you are doing medium size takedowns for the cost of a set of Geckos, you are working cheap. We don't do many removals in Hawaii, most tree work here is pruning. I sell small pruning jobs like a single mango tree, 35 ft. high, 40 ft. canopy spread, with a 25-30% reduction for around $900. I do this on a regular basis, in fact, I have 5 of these jobs scheduled for November. Stump grinding a 3 ft. dia. stump, 6 inches high, and taking it down 8-10 inches below grade goes for around $350.

No hard feelings, we work in two completely different parts of the world, and people here pay a lot more for tree work.

That sounds beautiful you lucky dog!

I'm still out there competing with the start ups half the time....most of the time I feel as though nobody even cares that I've been doing this for more than 20 yrs, like an apple is an apple. I guess its my fault for not getting more into pruning and PHC though...I really need to step up my game.

Anyways, enjoy the sunshine!

Grrr...

Just pokin' ya man. Sounds like you got a good market there.

In this area if I bought a spider lift I'd just as likely be filing bankruptcy in a year as anything else. I do good to keep up the chipper, bobcat, and dump truck and turn a decent profit.

Over the past 5 years I have watched tree work plummet where what would have cost 1000 then brings about 500-600 now.

Cheers!

I am not a rep trying to sell anyone anything. I was just wondering if anyone here has seen an alternative spider lift? Since Teupen has a sponsored forum, they didn't like it when I mentioned their competition.

When you get to the link, scroll all the way down. Look for "You can view the video by clicking here" typed in red.

http://www.808.it/ragno/index.htm

I wished they featured their R21 (taller lift) in the video. Check out their R21. This link has a 3 page photo gallery of tree work. Cool stuff.

http://italmecusa.com/pages/tree-service.cfm
I know it's pretty late but I would like to get in touch with you regarding alternatives solutions to Teupen. Are you still in the market to buy a unit or have you done it sionce the past 9 years?

I am looking to purchase a 2008 Italmec R21. Im trying to do some homework before the purchase. I am having a difficult time finding a dealer in the USA. I am also having trouble finding anything online. Does anyone know where i could get parts/ service if needed? Any information/ thoughts about the R21 world be appreciated.

I am looking to purchase a 2008 Italmec R21. Im trying to do some homework before the purchase. I am having a difficult time finding a dealer in the USA. I am also having trouble finding anything online. Does anyone know where i could get parts/ service if needed? Any information/ thoughts about the R21 world be appreciated.
Tracked Lifts in NY was the exclusive importer and support network. They only imported 4-5 models to the US. They stopped selling the machines and providing support in 2009. Since then, the company in Italy went out of business - something about an Italmec truck mounted boom fishplate weld failure down under in Australia. No parts, no support, 12 yr old machine? I'd stay away.

Thank you Samsqatch! I kind of figured they went out of business because I could not find any info on them. I will definitely stay away if I cannot find any parts or service.

Latest posts

Back