It's been a fun year.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patrick62

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I have the last 2 cords loaded up, and waiting to see if I can get over a rather nasty mountain pass, Hoosier.
Meanwhile... the phone rings.
You don't just wait until darn near xmas, and expect preferential treatment!
There is nothing left I can really sell. What I have requires diesel fuel and used motor oil to get it started. a little green, eh?

I am gonna change my sign this morning:

LOG BARK STICK AND SPLINTER
I'M ALL SOLD OUT FOR THE WINTER

Patrick62 The good old days of selling wood. I sure don't miss them. Always have those folks that want firewood when its -20 and it snowed a foot. The last few years I sold wood I just would tell them I am sold out. I had my regular's and a lot of them I stocked them up in the summer and then would do the rest after grain harvest in the fall. Now days by the time I get my fifteen cord put up to keep my house and shop warm I have had enough of firewood. You and yours have a happy holiday season.

I've been laughing at all the local social media posts regarding firewood. We had a bunch of newcomers to the mountains during the whole covid deal...it's mostly been mild winters the last few years, so they got by alright. Now that it's been cold with fresh snowfall on the regular for the last 2 months, all the posts are people desperately seeking firewood.

During the other months of the year, I find it amusing that many of these same people are ******** about noise from chainsaws and other equipment. I just think the chainsaw noise is just the ambience of living in the mountains...sounds way better than the street noise of where they came from.

I had a guy text Wednesday, 12/21/22. Did you get my email yesterday? I didn't. It's 1:00 pm and he wants wood delivered that afternoon, incase power goes out during the storm. Storm warnings start around 4:00 - 5:00 pm. Yeah...didn't happen. He wants to pick it up. Didn't happen. I picked up recreational fuel and diesel instead, like I planned. Wants to pick it up next week. Closed for winter.
I should add a line to the website. "If there is snow on the ground the price doubles."

Back