Jonsered 2077

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ekcutter

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Bought used several years ago. I have replaced the oil pump parts previously, but in the last year the saw has shown what I think is an issue with the carb. First it was a little burp at full throttle when cutting. Today it doesn't want to idle. It also doesn't seem to pull full rpm. I use only premium no alcohol gas. Although it could simply need some experienced adjustment, are there any rebuild kits or replacement carbs available (I do not know the year, but the7 digit number on the black tag is 5130050).

Also, I had a 2083 previously which my brother now owns and it has a decompression release. I have a toolmaker friend that is a gear head and extremely capable. Is it a no-no to drill and tap the cylinder for a decomp release. This thing is a bear to pull over repeatedly if it doesn't fire right away.

Thanks for the help.

Some of the 2077 cylinders had a blank decomp boss already on them. Those you could put one in. Seen it done before.

The carb IMO rebuild it first and new impulse and fuel lines too.

Rebuilt this carb not long ago when it pretty much did the same. Like new again.

p445carb.jpg

Thanks for the reply. Mine does have the blank boss cast in for a decomp valve.
Do you have a p/n for the rebuild kit, impulse, and fuel lines? No Husky or Jonsered dealers anywhere nearby here. I grew up in upstate NY, was not a problem there to get parts or service.
Also, are there any air filters still available for these? When I did the oil pump parts replace I had to order Partner parts, different than OEM but still works.

Back