JONSERED 2166

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeffrey

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I've been thinking about getting a saw bigger than my 55 Rancher. I came across this in Facebook Marketplace:

"Nice Jonsered 2166 chainsaw with a 24" bar. This saw is in great condition and is a great running saw. The top end was replaced with OEM Husqvarna cylinder and piston, so it is basically a cs2172. 71cc saw that starts and runs well. Saw is not a cheap plastic saw, this is a pro saw."

I have no way of really knowing if the top end was replaced and he upgraded it. It looks to be in good shape and the price is $450. Any thoughts?

The 2166 had the same piston and cylinder as the 2172 to start with. Only difference is the removable transfer covers on the 2166 have a baffle in them to detuned the saw. Anyway, i would want to know why the top end needed replacement. That is a reasonable price for that saw in good shape, assuming it all checks out.

I've been thinking about getting a saw bigger than my 55 Rancher. I came across this in Facebook Marketplace:

"Nice Jonsered 2166 chainsaw with a 24" bar. This saw is in great condition and is a great running saw. The top end was replaced with OEM Husqvarna cylinder and piston, so it is basically a cs2172. 71cc saw that starts and runs well. Saw is not a cheap plastic saw, this is a pro saw."

I have no way of really knowing if the top end was replaced and he upgraded it. It looks to be in good shape and the price is $450. Any thoughts?
great saw rugged is king hp too price is up there though but worth it I think

Back