Jonsered 2175, Holzfforma g2500 Top Handle, AM 372 Cases & Hyway Top End

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weimedog

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
This Video for those looking for information on Aftermarket parts & saws for the Husqvarna 372 series and tangible information on the capability of those little top handle saws from over there.

Harbor Freight Chop Saw applied to making case fitting tools for Stihl 660's

Jonsered 2175 build again...the work saw for this season (build in a prior video)

Couple of things, first been putting time on the Holzfforma G2500 top handle, figure just showing what was accomplished is better than some lecture about it.

Also tried to find an aftermarket solution for the Husqvarna 372xt cases as I've had a rash of saws come to the shop with the bearing pockets ruined....PTO side.

NOT liking the Holzfforma g372xp and begin to point out why starting with the tank handle

And a quick look at a Hyway top end option for OE 372's

I have had a couple Hyway 372 cylinders plating flake off on exhaust port and take saw down. Have you seen this on any builds? 3 saws and stopped using them.

I have had a couple Hyway 372 cylinders plating flake off on exhaust port and take saw down. Have you seen this on any builds? 3 saws and stopped using them.
Not yet, but I have very little time on them, just the Hyway saw I did last summer, and its still going strong. ( Hyway Hot rod video saw, with a decked cylinder ) Hope more chime in with their experiences with this stuff (collectively) On the saws where the plating chipped, was that port ground on? ( Ported ) One thing I do see is if you break the bond at the edge they want to peel. Saw that on a Hyway for a 346

Not yet, but I have very little time on them, just the Hyway saw I did last summer, and its still going strong. ( Hyway Hot rod video saw, with a decked cylinder ) Hope more chime in with their experiences with this stuff (collectively) On the saws where the plating chipped, was that port ground on? ( Ported ) One thing I do see is if you break the bond at the edge they want to peel. Saw that on a Hyway for a 346
No port work was done. Used Caber rings and base gasket.

Back