Jonsered 451EV restoration

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

numnutz6383

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Few weeks ago I obtained a 451EV in what I thought was great condition. Single owner, reportedly rebuilt in 2015. I didn't plan on anything major to it, just wanted to clean and paint spray the muffler. Alas, when I took it off I learned I have a severely scored piston. So my small project instantaneously became a big project. Here is the original post that led to the current project.

So here I find myself doing my first ever restoration of an chainsaw (as much as available parts allow me to restore), at the very least restore to a working chainsaw condition.

As it currently stands I want to obviously replace the piston and the cylinder (I am currently working on getting an OEM P+C from an eBay seller in the UK) and repair the carburetor, so I've ordered a Tillotson OEM carb restoration kit as well as a spare carburator just in case.

With that said I ask this communities help with this project, as I want it done right. Any help would be appreciated, I don't know what I don't know so tell me what I need to do here to avoid screwing the restoration up.

Pictures to follow.

Back