• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Jonsered 525 and 670 champ parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DisturbeD

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I'm looking for a good used oem recoil for a jonsered 525. Also need a good clutch cover brake handle an all for a jonsered 670 champ. Figured I'd try an fix the saws before they end up parted out.

Are you looking for a collector quality cover like this one? Or I have all three styles for a work saw quality. They are not beat up but may have some paint wear or heat stress on flag. Of course this one is the most $$. Thx. Tim

Attachments

• IMG_20200202_170545281.jpg
    IMG_20200202_170545281.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20200202_170557875.jpg
    IMG_20200202_170557875.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20200202_170606871.jpg
    IMG_20200202_170606871.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20200202_170620889.jpg
    IMG_20200202_170620889.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20200202_170637838.jpg
    IMG_20200202_170637838.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 11
Are you looking for a collector quality cover like this one? Or I have all three styles for a work saw quality. They are not beat up but may have some paint wear or heat stress on flag. Of course this one is the most $$. Thx. Tim

The saw is in decent shape but no it dont really need to be show quality. Just need a functional one really but not too beat up ya know. The one on it the handle is missing and the band is broke so yeah no good. I try to save some saws now an again from being parted if I can find the parts ebay had nothing.

Ok I can send some pics of the other ones tomm. Done for the day in the shop if that works for you.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

That's fine no real rush. Haven't tried to run the saw since I got it so I'm probably gonna do that shortly here. It has decent compression an spark so hopefully it will run good.

Those are my favorite Johnnie series

It seems people really like the 670. Also the 630's as well I've had a few an they always sell fast if they are in decent condition an run good.

Yes, I've got all three 625,630,670. Not the hardest revving saw but alot of torque and relatively easier to work on. Unfortunately parts are becoming used up and hoarded.

Yes, I've got all three 625,630,670. Not the hardest revving saw but alot of torque and relatively easier to work on. Unfortunately parts are becoming used up and hoarded.

I have noticed the parts issue not really anything on ebay at all. Not sure if it's a parts thing or if people just fix them over parting them out. I've had I think 5 630's an this is my 2nd 670 an every one of them ran great. So maybe its just a thing that they dont ever die idk. My brother has a mint 630 he kinda wants to get rid of. I just dont wanna sell it for him an deal with the fee's an he is too lazy to post it online locally.

Yes, That's the unfortunate part about eBay is the fees. Total fees from start to end of sale shipping are now 20%. But you get a larger group of buyers. I also feel as if trying to sale a saw on eBay is a leap of faith. No matter how well it looks or performs a buyer can open a claim against you whether it has an issue or not. To make a volume of sales of parts or saws on here is very hard. I'm still torn between the two. But I haven't listed anything new on eBay for well over a year.

Yes, That's the unfortunate part about eBay is the fees. Total fees from start to end of sale shipping are now 20%. But you get a larger group of buyers. I also feel as if trying to sale a saw on eBay is a leap of faith. No matter how well it looks or performs a buyer can open a claim against you whether it has an issue or not. To make a volume of sales of parts or saws on here is very hard. I'm still torn between the two. But I haven't listed anything new on eBay for well over a year.

I still use ebay allot. But right now it's mostly just parts. An yeah you do get the masses from ebay but also a ton of bad people or people that dont even know how to start run or operate saws that buy them its messed up. I've had a few issues with people an returns. Ebay really need to update the seller policy. I've had a couple people buy saws from me break them an then ebay gives them a full refund. It's a 2 way street if they have no sellers they make no money but if they have no buyers they make no money but they shouldnt always screw the sellers like they do.

Is the 630a type II ??

I'm really not sure on that. I just know it's not a 630 super off hand I'd have to look into it more. Old guy bought it new an hardly ever used it an when he left with gave it to my brother. Well my brother is in a wheelchair so he hasn't used it either. It's been sitting for along time I dont know if he has let other use it. He did borrow it to a friend like 6 months ago but it had sat too long didnt wanna stay running. I gave it to my neighbor an he adjusted the carb a bit an now it runs perfect. But again been sitting now for another 6 months I'm sure

For sure there policy's protect more of the buyer than seller.

Which is crap. I've almost gave up on ebay a couple times already. Why should have have to pay them 100's of $$$ every month just to be screwed over in the end

Back