Jonsered 630

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ehowes

Reaction score
I have a couple jonsered 630's that I think I want to get one of them up and going. I want to keep it jonsered and not convert it to a husqvarna 272/269/266. I know that these says are the twin thin ring piston. If the cylinders are any good what's the replacement piston for that saw? Also and any other tips on bringing one of these back to life? I'd like to get this saw working nice. I plan to build a custom muffler and possibly remover the base gasket but wanted to ask how well these saws react to more compression and less timing. Any recommendations?

@Ehowes

Replacement piston info below

I just put a 630 super top end on a 1983 husky 61. I replaced the thin two ring piston that came with the 630 cylinder with a Meteor PC1606B from wolf creek saw shop. They confirmed it was correct as well via email. I think I bought the last one from them, id send them an email though, even though I don't see it on their site. Just bought it last month.

The saw runs real strong with this piston, has 220psi with no base gasket. You would have to check squish on yours though to make sure, mine was right at .020.

Meteor PC1606B - picture is a screenshot from when it was on their site....can't seem to find it now, but id ask them. Piston was very nice, but had some sharp edges. I took those down and also cleaned up the windows a touch.

pc1606b meteor.jpg

Latest posts

Back