• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Jonsered 670 Intake Clamp and Sleeve

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nickdinel

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

First post here but long time reader. Have learnt lots from the site and its helped me build and diagnose multiple saws over the years. I recently bought a Jonsered 670 for very little money as it was a non runner. Issue was a serious intake leak from two spots. The carb is not sealing against the intake boot due to the sleeve being MIA. The intake boot also has a slight leak against the cylinder where the wire style clamp is used.

Looking to buy both the sleeve and the improved clamp. That would be 503 59 75-01 and 503 59 16-01 from the parts manual, link below for reference.

https://www.partstree.com/models/670-super-ii-jonsered-chainsaw-1993-06/cylinder-piston-muffler-6/
Let me know who has these parts available. Willing to pay a more than fair price as I've already gone through this saw with new ring, bearings and seals and this is all I'm missing to finish it up. Thanks!

Man that is a toughy. I remember looking for some of those parts about 4 years ago and even back then they were scarce.
I would keep an eye on ebay because you never know when one is being parted out.

Hi everyone,

First post here but long time reader. Have learnt lots from the site and its helped me build and diagnose multiple saws over the years. I recently bought a Jonsered 670 for very little money as it was a non runner. Issue was a serious intake leak from two spots. The carb is not sealing against the intake boot due to the sleeve being MIA. The intake boot also has a slight leak against the cylinder where the wire style clamp is used.

Looking to buy both the sleeve and the improved clamp. That would be 503 59 75-01 and 503 59 16-01 from the parts manual, link below for reference.

https://www.partstree.com/models/670-super-ii-jonsered-chainsaw-1993-06/cylinder-piston-muffler-6/
Let me know who has these parts available. Willing to pay a more than fair price as I've already gone through this saw with new ring, bearings and seals and this is all I'm missing to finish it up. Thanks!

I'm also looking for the intake sleeve for one of these, I think I might be able to make one off of a Stihl MS360 work. I don't think that you can switch from the wire style clamp to the newer band style, the cylinder is made for one or the other. I was able to get the saw I'm working on sealed there using Dirko and still using the wire clamp.

Back